Patrick Marsh Middle School Band
This Week in Band at PMMS (Feb 22-26, 2021)
Top Ten Things To Know About The Hybrid Band Plan
- ALL band lessons will take place virtually when your child is at home.
- Students coming for in-person learning do NOT need to bring their band instruments with them to school.
- When students are at school they will participate in drum circles with equipment purchased by the Sun Prairie Education Foundation! Thank you SPEF!!
- Students participating in band online either fulltime or on the days they are not at school will continue performing on their band instruments.
- Mr. Gleason will teach the in-person drum circle for 6th grade band classes and Mrs. Haraldson will teach the in-person drum circle for 7th grade band classes.
- Mr. Gleason will teach the online band classes for 7th grade and Mrs. Haraldson will teach the online band classes for 6th grade.
- Weekly band lessons will continue on the current schedule.
- Students participating in the drum circle will be supplied fabric gloves that they can keep in the band room and wear while playing the drums. This, along with other mitigation efforts, will prevent the spreading of any germs.
- As a reminder, Dane County current mask mandate does not permit playing wind instruments (brass and woodwinds) indoors in schools. However, a new study is expected to be published soon and will provide more specific information for Dane County Public Health to review. Our hope is that with this new research, DHS and DPI will update mitigation requirements allowing us to return to in-person playing in band with appropriate mitigation measures in place. We will keep you posted!
- Have more questions? Contact us or check out the PMMS Hybrid Handbook
Missed A Band Lesson? New Make Up Procedure
Clearly, this is not as good as having a lesson with someone in person, however given our situation, it does provide the opportunity for us to still here your child and to provide some feedback.
In general, your kids are doing a GREAT job of remembering their lesson times. We are VERY proud of the work they have done and continue to do. We will review this option with your children but wanted you to know as well.
The TWO steps to make a up a lesson are:
1) Record the lesson assignment on the Flipgrid Link below.
2) Alert the lesson teacher that the recording has been made.
PMMS Band Staff
General Booster Meeting TODAY at 5:30 PM
Today, Sunday, Feb 21st, at 5:30 PM the Band Boosters will hold a general booster meeting. On the agenda will be updates regarding the 2022 middle school class schedule, Sound of Sun Prairie, hybrid band, fundraising, and financial information.
The meeting will last less than an hour via Zoom. Please consider attending. Your voice in this organization is important.
The meeting link can be found on the Booster Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/sunprairiebandboosters/ or email Mr. Gleason and he will send it to you!