Justin and Holly
The Six Steps of Naturalization
2. Maintain residence for 5 years and be present for 30 months of those 5 years.
3. Complete the USCIS for N-400 for $595 plus an additional $80 for biometrics.
4. Run fingerprints for a background check.
5. Pass naturalization test and interview on English competence, U.S. history and civics.
6. Attend oath ceremony to prove loyalty to the United States.
Loss of Citizenship
1. Becoming a citizen of another country after age 18.
2. Joining military of a foreign place.
3. Becoming a member of government in a foreign state.
4. An act intended to cause loss of citizenship.
5. Committing treason or other crimes against that country's government.