Banksmeadow PS Staff Bulletin
Term 1 Week 9 21st-24th March 2016
Only a short week this week before we have a well-earned four days off! It is looking to be a pretty busy week though.
Thank you to everyone who responded to my email regarding changes to our School Development Days at the end of the year. The majority of staff voted to vary our days in the form of four x three hour sessions throughout the year. If you are unable to make any of the days you will need to let me know in advance and arrangements will need to be made for you to make them up. If you are against varying the days and would still like to work on the final two days of the school year (19th and 20th December) please let me know asap so that I can arrange for you to attend the days for training at another school.
Our CPR and anaphylaxis training has been booked for Tuesday 3rd May and will make up the first of these varied days. The training is a mandatory training course for all staff - please let me know immediately if you are unable to make it. It is scheduled to begin at 3:15pm and will run until approximately 5:45pm. We will need to stay at school until 6:15 so as to fulfil the time requirements. I will schedule a short session to line up with our school plan during that time.
* Harmony Day - don't forget to wear orange. At the morning assembly we will hear some speeches from some of our students. Please ensure that you have talked about Harmony Day and completed some activities to celebrate it within your classroom.
* Brendan will be at a Sydney East Rugby League Day. Tanya will be on 6M.
* Roxanne and I will be shortlisting and will be unavailable for the majority of the day.
* The Senior Dance group will have an extra rehearsal from 2-3pm in the Hall.
* TPL meeting at 3:15pm in the 2S classroom. As I mentioned on Thursday, we will be completing a mandatory self-assessment within the School Excellence Framework. If you get a chance, please have a look at and a think about the School Excellence Framework (attached) as it may make the process slightly quicker in the afternoon. We need to rank ourselves in each of the areas.
*Exec meeting @ 8:15am.
* Carol, Tina and Trish will be in the Library completing a training day for Oliver (the new Library system). There will be no Library lessons on this day. Brooke will be on Year 3/4 and Susie will be in to cover Library RFF.
* Public Speaking finals will be held for Stages 2 and 3 in the Hall at 12pm. These will take the place of our usual assembly.
* Preschool Easter Hat Parade will be held from 1:30pm.
* Brendan and I will be leaving school at approximately 3pm to attend a presentation afternoon at South Sydney High School for the enrichment program that some Year 6 students have been attending this term.
*Staff meeting @ 8:15am in the 2S classroom. At approximately 8:40am we will have a short presentation from Smart Salary. I will forward everyone an email with some information in case you would like to think of anything to speak with them about.
* Changes to Scripture times: K-2 @ 12-12:30pm; 3-6 @ 12:30-1:00pm. Anglican classes will be in Elise's 5B classroom.
* Easter Hat Parade will be held in the hall from 1:30pm.
* Changes to FLIP gym:
- Helene 9 - 9:45
- Tina 9:45 - 10:30
- Cassy 10:30 - 11:15
- Brendan 11:15 - 12:00
- Elise 12:00 - 12:45
Enjoy your sleep in! I hope everyone has a great four days off and that you all get to spend some time with your families.