The SPIRIT of SKS
Saint Kateri School's Weekly Newsletter ~ June 1, 2020
ZOOM Meeting Schedule
ABC Countdown 2020
Pentecost Parade at Christ the King on Sunday, May 31
Fr. Gonyo, Fr. Evan and Parish staff and volunteers handed out palms, missalettes, red carnations and a Pentecost prayer and birthday treats for the children.
Mrs. Morgan and Mr. Morgan were part of the welcoming station.
Mrs. Schott directed traffic as we had 229 cars drive through our parade!
We are nearing the close of school this year ~ and what a year we have had! There have been ups and downs, many tests of our patience as well as our perseverance.
- for our families that are having to have very real and uncomfortable conversations with their children about how all people should be treated
- for our SKS families that have lost income due to lay offs or furloughs
- for those suffering with mental illness who struggle daily and because of the pandemic are left without consistent support they rely on to be healthy
- for our students who are missing their friends, their grandparents, their teachers, their sporting practices, their routine and their normal
- for our students not returning in the Fall, our preschoolers and our 5th graders, that the very last day that were in their school was March 13th
- for the school traditions that were missed
But we are healthy and safe ~ we have families who love and take care of us ~ and this too shall pass. May God walk with us during this time
God bless you all and your families each and every day ~
Mrs. Terri L. Morgan, Principal
A voicemail messages can be left at (585) 467-8730
Virtual Field Day and Trunk-n-Treasure
Teachers are leading a Virtual Field Day from 10:00-11:00am. The activities will be fun for all ages and only require materials that can be found around the house. A list of supplies will be included in the newsletter next week so that families can prepare.
In the afternoon, from 1:00-3:00pm, we will have a Car Parade around the Saint Kateri School campus. We are calling it Trunk-n-Treasure and it will have an Under the Sea theme. Teachers and Staff will be stationed around the school by their cars and will hand out what they need to from their trunks. This will also be the time when you can return Chromebooks, Library books, any learning materials, etc.
Message from the Main Office
- We continue to have bags in the main foyer for families unable to come to the last Supply Pick-Up Day. Please call 467-8730 or email Terri.Morgan@dor.org to schedule a time to pick it up before the end of the year.
- Report Cards will be mailed home the week after school ends. Families need to be current with financial obligations. Any Chromebooks or Library books borrowed must also be returned. Please contact the office with any questions.
We Are Currently Enrolling for 2020-2021 School Year
Saint Kateri School and the Diocese of Rochester-Department of Catholic Schools offer a variety of scholarship and financial aid opportunities, click below to find out more.
Saint Kateri School continues to receive mail, as well as any voicemails left on our Main Office phone number. Please contact us with any questions you may have regarding Registration or Financial Aid process.