Beacon Light Kiddie University
Beacon Light Where the Light Shines on Every Child!
Language Development skills: Remember Monday is review day of the previous weeks lessons!
Letters and Sound: This week we are going to begin the Letters Tt and Uu.
Blends: children will learn how to sound out blends by using different word that begin with letter: B-C-D-E-F-G-H-J-K-L-M-N-O-P- Q-R-S-T-U.
Reading skills: Student will go over sight word for the book they will be reading each week.
Sight Words: We, Like, to,
Vocabulary words: hop,swing,jump,ride,run,climb,play
- Handwriting skills are learned by tracing letters, numbers and their names. Each day students will trace and write their names. This week the children will begin to trace and writing the letters Tt and Uu.
- Shapes recognition. Each week we will learn how to trace and draw shapes we've learned . Student will trace, write and color different shapes this week. Students will also learn to recognize the color word.
- Number recognition. Counting from 1-50. Number recognition in and out of order will be introduced. Student will learn to write their numbers and learn to correlate numbers with objects. Students will review their number words and writing number 2 thru 19.
- Color recognition of our primary and secondary colors. Students will review colors learned the school year. Each student will be able to recognize, spell and write their color names.
- Visual perception, Opposites, and Classifying worksheets will be on Mondays and Wednesdays.
What's Up in Class
We will continue to focus on handwriting and reading skills.
The children will continue to work on their penmanship and proper letter formation.
Parents please go over the word list that I send home. This will enable your child to master their sight words and increase their vocabulary skills.
Each day your child should practice writing and spelling their names. This will increase their skill and self-esteem.
Please note: it is very important that the children go over their sight words every day. Parents it is important that we work together so that your child can reach the goals set for each semester.
Doing Free Play the children get to use their imaginations and create their world.
Fine motor skills
Technology is very important when you're training the next generation. Our computer lab not only enhance learning but fine motor skills
Arts and Crafts
Art activities will help reinforce motor and critical skills
Fine motor skills
What we do
Beacon Light is a registered family home with a private school culture. Your child will be able to blossom into what God has intended them to be in our learning environment. Love is served daily as part of our program. My classes are very small so that I will be able to give your child the attention that he/she needs. The ages start at 20 months to 60 months.