Springhill Elementary Parent Newsletter
Click here to visit our website and see all the great learning happening at Springhill!
December is for SETTING GOALS!
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...
Article for Parents: Ways to Help Your Child Build Vocabulary
Reminders for Drop Off and Dismissal:
Your child should exit the vehicle as soon as you pull up behind the next car in front of the sidewalks. Please pull forward quickly. Team members are outside to ensure they make it safely into the building. Please self-screen your students with the questions below:
- Has your child had a fever of 100.4 or greater in the last two days?
- Have you had a sore throat, cough, difficulty breathing, loss of taste or smell?
- Have you been in contact with a person known to be infected with COVID-19 in the last 14 days?
- Drop off begins at 7:25 a.m. and pick up will begin at 3:20 p.m. Please remember to pull up as close as possible to the car in front of you. This allows us to load seven students at a time and helps keep our traffic line off of Elliott Road.
- Instruction begins at 7:40 am. PROWL is an important part of providing targeted instruction that is catered to your child's needs. Please have them here by 7:40.
- Tardies begin at 7:50 am.
- Information about the school day and the district's response to COVID-19 can be found here.
- The updated school calendar for the 2020-2021 school year can be found here.
- Please call with any transportation changes before 2:40 so Sharon can get messages to teachers in plenty of time.
- If your student goes through the lunch line, we must serve them, even if they packed a lunch.
- If your child is potentially exposed to COVID-19 and you have concerns about what to do, call our district's Point of Contact, Nurse Kristi Williams at (501) 581-1191.
- We invite you to come eat lunch with your child at our outdoor picnic area adjacent to the front office. Please remember to sanitize before and after your meal to help us keep everyone healthy. We cannot serve parents from the cafe at this time.
Save the Dates
December 8 - Picture Retake Day
December 18 - Virtual Spirit Day
December 21 - Classroom Christmas Parties (students only)
December 22 - End of 2nd 9 Weeks
December 22 - Polar Express/PJ Day
December 23-January 5 - Christmas Break
February 15 - Blended Learning Day
Click below for the cafeteria menu!
Assistant Principal: Melissa West
Secretary: Sharon Thessing