Are You Social Media Savvy?
Be A Park Hero
Volunteer Social Media Strategist
Do you enjoy communicating through your fingers, sharing information with your friends and family on social media? Are you Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube savvy? Consider volunteering to become a Social Media Strategist.
The Golden Gate National Recreation Area (GGNRA) is one of the largest urban national parks in the world. The total park area is more than 80,000 acres of land and water, nearly two and one-half times the size of San Francisco. Approximately 28 miles of coastline lie within its boundary. America's most visited National Park, the GGNRA is comprised a number of distinct sites, including Alcatraz, Marin Headlands, Nike Missile Site, Fort Mason, as well as Muir Woods National Monument, Fort Point National Historic Site, and the Presidio of San Francisco.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
The GGNRA is seeking a Volunteer Social Media Strategist for the Division of Interpretation and Education. The individual will work with this department in collaboration with park partners. This position will help showcase park related events and ranger programs, while helping attract more visitors to the park.
The ideal candidate for this position is an individual with the desire to play a major role in the park's social media strategy. Duties include:
- Implementation of the GGNRA's Social Media Strategy
- Writing new content for the park's Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, Twitter, and other accounts to promote the park’s programs
- Assist in the creation of e-fliers to generate interest in park programs
- Take an active role interacting with park visitors and other interested parties who contact us through our social media outlets
- Researching and reporting to other team members about new social media trends and services
- Researching target markets to promote programs
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS DESIRED
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to develop a detailed and professional marketing plan
- Knowledge of social media – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, blogs, etc.
- Energy, with a desire to come up with fresh ideas on how to grow our online presence
- Ability to identify and communicate with park visitors through social media
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to work cooperatively with cross-functional teams serving a diverse population
- Must be detail oriented, a team player and technologically savvy
- Cross platform user
- Fast learner
- Must represent the highest standards of professional behavior including dress, punctuality, interaction with clients and other team members
- Must be creative and innovative
- Be willing to participate in critique processes
- Passionate about Social Media (interested in doing it for yourself too!)
- Exposure to regional, national, and international issues and leaders
- Great networking opportunities and job skills development
- Opportunities to access behind the scene locations in the park, such as Alcatraz, Muir Woods, and Fort Point
- Insight into understanding and working with nonprofit and government agencies, such as the National Park Service
- Training in Interpretation, CPR and First Aid
- Opportunities to enjoy the scenery, wildlife, and cultural resources of this spectacular park
- Opportunity to be of service to your community and your country
- A fun and engaging work environment