The General's Update
Your guide to DDE events & announcements: 11/12/2017
DDE Students Work with Our JJC Friends and Lockheed Martin Engineers!
Eggs-ploration of Cell Membranes
Proud of Our Contribution to Fulfill! Generals, Keep Bringing in Those Canned Goods! We Are Close to Meeting Our Goal!
- The Gertrude Hawk Chocolates sale is on NOW! Orders are due Friday, November 17, 2017.
- Our next PTO meeting is Wednesday, November 15, 2017 @ 7:00pm in the STEAM Center.
- Our bagel sale is ongoing, and we are still in need of volunteers! If you have an hour in the morning, please email Jen Serluco, PTO President, at email@example.com. Prices are as follows: $3 for a bagel and a bottle of water; $2 for just a bagel; $1 for just a bottle of water.
- If you haven't done so already, please become a member of the PTO! Membership and volunteer forms can be found under the PTO tab on our website or by clicking here for the membership form: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_W8bJaOvpNXMThCNjhmWVNDS2c/view?usp=sharing and here for the volunteer form: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_W8bJaOvpNXUWJ3cklXZU10cDA/view?usp=sharing
- PTO questions? firstname.lastname@example.org
8th Grade Information
- Parent yearbook ads may be purchased between now and December 17th. No parent ads will be accepted after December 17th. Please check your email for more information.
- Information was emailed to parents/guardians on November 1st regarding graduation diplomas. Please make sure you read that email and follow the instructions. Your input is needed by Friday, November 17th.
- Questions? Please email: email@example.com
Mark Your Calendar
- Monday, November 13: Shine Bright Astronomy Night at Catena, 5:30pm-7:30pm
- Tuesday, November 14: Winter sports begin
- Tuesday, November 14: Board Meeting @ 8:00pm, Board of Education Administrative Offices, 384 West Main Street, Freehold
- Friday, November 17: Gertrude Hawk Chocolates orders due
- Wednesday, November 22: Early dismissal
- Thursday, November 23 and Friday, November 24: School closed
- Thursday, December 7: Make up picture day
- Friday, February 2: Pocketbook BINGO!
The Eisenhower Words of Wisdom Club and the Eisenhower Student Government are co-sponsoring a food drive in partnership with Fulfill (formerly referred to as the Monmouth and Ocean County Food Bank) thru Friday, December 8th.
Please find listed below the food drive data collection by grade/division...
6th Grade = 213
7th Grade = 198
8th Grade = 744 (1st Place as of 11-6-17)
Staff = 267
Total Canned/Packaged Goods Donated: 1,422/Goal of 3,500+ Canned Goods/Packaged Goods = Attained 40.6% of goal
Students and parents may drop off donations in the front portion of DDES in the boxes marked by grade level and staff may do so in boxes marked across from our mailboxes. Our school is participating in the annual program initiative and we look forward to another successful food drive. Last year, the Eisenhower Middle School was one of five schools in Monmouth and Ocean Counties combined to net donations of 5,000 pounds of food to the food bank. Thank you for your willingness to combat hunger in our local and surrounding communities.
CPR/AED/First Aid Training and Certification
Be prepared to save a life!
The Freehold Township Education Foundation is proud to sponsor life-saving CPR/AED/First Aid Training and Certification on Friday, December 1st at 6 pm.
This comprehensive class is ideal for teachers, parents, grandparents and students age 12 and older, and will cover Adult, Pediatric and Infant CPR, AED (Automated External Defibrillator) and First Aid.
For more information or to register, please see the attached flyer https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_W8bJaOvpNXZ1NNVXZscDI4UWtnZ1RIMEp0Q2VIU0N2RnhJ/view?usp=sharing or visit www.ftefnj.org.