Rocket Family Weekly Update - Week of November 23-25
Weekly Note from Mrs. Clement
November 22, 2020
Dear Rocket Families,
As we enter the seasons of thanks and giving I want to THANK YOU for all you have done to help our school year be as normal and successful as possible considering multiple challenges and circumstances. While we can never know what tomorrow may bring I want you to know how deeply appreciative I am for your patience, encouragement, and your understanding as we've implemented various new policies and procedures in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic. The health and safety of our students and staff are our top priority and I thank you for your continued support.
As a reminder, this week will be a short one due to the Thanksgiving holiday with Wednesday being a Remote Learning Day for ALL students. Since this is also an Optional Teacher Workday there will be no ZOOM sessions on Wednesday as students will be doing asynchronous assignments. Your child's teacher will be communicating assignments and expectations. After these have been communicated, please do not hesitate to contact your child's teacher if you have any questions in regards to what your child needs to do Wednesday.
As always, below are a few additional reminders and updates regarding both our Face-to-Face and Remote Learners:
- CAR RIDERS - Beginning Monday, November 23, we will begin taking temperatures INSIDE the building to ensure more accurate readings. Our cold mornings and heat from vehicles are requiring us to do several rechecks. Please know that you will be called to return to pick up your child if they have a fever of 100.4 or greater. Parents/Guardians will still be required to answer screening questions each morning.
- Our traditional Thanksgiving Meal will be served on Monday! Turkey, dressing, gravy, sweet potato souffle, and baked cookies will be served.
- Please ensure student iPads are fully charged each morning.
- Students are encouraged to layer as we seem to experience a variety of temperatures throughout the day!
- Students are welcome and encouraged to bring water bottles each day.
- Bus riders are reminded to give their signed attestation forms to their driver as they board the bus each morning.
- There is NO Learning Packet Pick-up for Grades K-2 this Monday. The packet from last week contains any needed assignment materials for this week.
It is my hope that you and your families enjoy a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday. I am so very thankful and grateful for the students, staff, and families of Rutherfordton Elementary!
As always, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. I am available by Dojo, email (email@example.com), or by phone – (828) 287-3778.
Optional Teacher Workday, Remote Learning Day for Students
- Wednesday, November 25
- Thursday, November 26
- Friday, November 27
- NO SCHOOL - Holiday for students and staff
- December 23-January 5
- Students return to school on Wednesday, January 6