Supporting Our Teachers
With a commitment to:
1. Mentor Development
2. Teacher Inquiry & Collaboration
3. Personalized Professional Learning
- Adult Learning Theory
- Evidence Based Observation
- Effective Feedback
- Mentoring Tools
- Learning-Focused Conversations
- Mentoring Self-Assessment/Goal Setting
Our Support Providers apply their learning through weekly and just-in-time support meetings with their assigned Participating Teacher.
Teacher Inquiry & Collaboration
- Identify a Problem of Practice/Dilemma
- Review Data and Set Goals
- Develop an Action Plan
- Take Action
- Reflect and Assess
As a culminating event to each cycle of inquiry, TIPS hosts a Data Dialogue. At this event, the beginning teacher and mentor meet with a third teacher leader, the Partnership Learning Coach. They engage in a learning-focused conversation around the new teacher's inquiry process with an eye on student data, classroom artifacts, and support for our beginning teachers.
TIPS Data Dialogues
Wednesday, Dec. 13th 2017 at 4-7pm
2701 West 5th Street
Santa Ana, CA
Personalized Professional Learning
- Almost 200 teachers participated
- Self-selected professional development
- Curriculum/Program Specialists and Teacher Leaders presented
- 19 sessions from which to choose!
- Topics included: PBIS, Restorative Practices, Classroom Management Strategies, Social/Emotional Curriculum, Technology Integration, AVID, and more!
TIPS was happy to include our SAUSD New Hires in the event, as well as opened enrollment to the first 50 SAUSD teachers who registered.