We Are Making It Happen!
Arrival and Dismissal
- Thank you for always having your car rider number visible to our car rider team in the back during afternoon pick-up.
- Students who walk to school should go down the access road to enter the building. 3rd-5th grade students enter door #11 and grades 1st-2nd go to door #12. Kindergarten walkers go in door #15.
- Car rider parents: Please do not get out of the line after you drop off your child in the Kiss and Ride lane in the morning. We are getting students out of cars as fast as we can. Having your child ready helps speed up the process. I strongly encourage you to come through the line in the morning if you are a car rider. It is not safe for parents to park and cross the car rider lanes of traffic. It also slows the process down, since we have to stop traffic for you.
- It truly helps if you are not talking on your cell phone in the car rider line either.
- Parents should always be crossing in the cross walks. You should not park your car to cut through the car rider line and then across the grass or across the bus lane to deliver your student to their classroom door. We need to keep parents and students out of the front parking lot as much as possible.
- If older siblings are picking up their younger siblings at dismissal, they are not allowed to ride their bikes down the access road or on campus with all of our kiddos still here.
- Students are not allowed on the playgrounds until all the buses have leave our parking lot.
This week we have had neighbors call about cars making U-turns on Princedale. We have also received calls about car rider parents blocking driveways and street intersections. This causes our residents not able to get to their homes, or the mail can not be delivered. Please do not block driveways or intersections, or make U-turns or 3 point turns in the middle of the streets. Thank you for your help in keeping everyone safe.
Students who are going to eat breakfast in the morning should come in through door #2. If you are a bus rider, walker or car rider, please enter door #2 for breakfast. This is the door to the left of door #1. It is under the breezeway.
DAILY HEALTH SCREENING FOR PARENTS AND STUDENTS!
All Parents must complete the PWCS Daily Health Screening for each of their students EVERY DAY before they leave for school each day: https://www.pwcs.edu/cms/One.aspx?portalId=340225&pageId=43888626 This is to ensure everyone's health and safety while attending school. If your child will stay home from school, please call the school to let us know 703-580-9665 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Mandatory New School Year Packet in ParentVue
All families MUST complete the New School Year Packet in ParentVue as soon as possible, but no later than Friday, September 17, 2021. (This includes for returning and New students.) The information you provide will allow school staff to ensure the safety of your student this school year.
To access the New School Year Packet:
- Login to your ParentVUE account and go to “Online Records” in the top right corner.
- If a parent/guardian needs to make changes to information once they submit the New School Year Packet, they can resubmit anytime.
- Specific Instructions can be found here: https://www.pwcs.edu/cms/One.aspx?portalId=340225&pageId=45062057
- If you need assistance, or do not have an active ParentVUE account, please contact the school.
For your convenience, frequently asked questions (FAQ) on updated health protocols have been added.
K-3rd grade Students will be taking the PALS assessment and Kindergarten will also take the VKRP assessments beginning the week of September 13th.
This testing is required by the state and will help us to determine where every child is and how we best can meet each individual student's needs.
Right click to open link on State Growth Assessments...
Dates to Remember
September 15th - International Dot Day - Wear your dots to school
September 15th - October 15th - Begins National Hispanic Heritage Month - Because we are an IB World School, we study cultures and Heritages from all over the world. Please have your child share something special your family does to celebrate special holidays, months, or days.
Open House - October 5th and 7th - At this time we do not know if the events will be via zoom or in-person.
6:00pm - 1st and 3rd Grade
7:00pm - 4th Grade
6:00pm - Kindergarten and 2nd Grade
7:00pm - 5th Grade
October 7th and 8th - More information will follow soon.