An Explanation of Your Art
- You will create an artist statement (AT LEAST two paragraphs) that help explain a piece of art that you have chosen for the Norfeldt Art Show.
- Choose ONE piece of art that you would like to write about.
- Write a draft artist statement
- What medium(material) you used to create it- Ex. Pencil, oil pastels, chalk pastels, paint,....
- What colors or color scheme you used Ex. Warm, cool, primary, secondary, analogous, complementary,....
- What artist or work inspired your piece- Ex. Georgia O'Keeffe, Sonia Delaunay, Mandalas,....
- how is your art similar to the above- Ex. Both enlarged, cropped compositions, both orbital designs, both radial balance
- what do you like most about your art & why
- what are you most proud of about your piece & why
- what was most challenging about creating your art & why
- what would you do differently if you could do it again & why
- what would add to your piece if you had more time & why
- What would you like others to know about your art or yourself as an artist