Mrs. Rexrode's Pre K Newsletter
May 24, 2019
This Week in Pre K...
Last week was all about ocean animals. The students had so much fun creating a variety of sea life. They made: pufferfish, jellyfish, rainbow fish, crabs, and octopuses. Some of their artwork still might be at school, because we have an ocean bulletin board up in the classroom.
This week they learned about opposites (ex. day and night, black and white, up and down, big and small, left and right, etc.). We did a variety of fun activities to practice new vocabulary.
We have also been busy practicing for graduation. It's going to be so much fun! The children are very excited. It is a luau/beach theme. Children can dress "beachy" or in bright colors. Board shorts are appropriate. I also have leis for all of the students to wear, but some have mentioned that they have their own. We look forward to seeing everyone next Thursday at 1:30 pm.
- Letters Aa, Bb, Cc, Dd, Ee, Ff, Gg, Hh, Ii, Jj, Kk, Ll, Mm, Nn, Oo, Pp, Qq, Rr, Ss, Tt, Uu, Vv, Ww, Xx, Yy and Zz - Make sure all of these letters are in your child's 'Letters for Now' baggie. Please practice with them at home.
- Identifying the beginning sound of a word
- Rhyming (ex. bat, cat, hat, etc.)
- Counting to 20
- Identifying numerals 0-10
- Patterning (ex. blue, red, blue, red, blue, red...)
- Nursery Rhymes (Jack and Jill, Hey Diddle Diddle, Humpty Dumpty, and more...)
Snack for Next Week
5/27 No School
5/31 Pre k Classroom
- Our graduation will have a Luau theme. Dress your child in bright colors or in beach attire (no swimsuits). It's going to be so much fun! We are surfin' into kindergarten!
Save The Date:
May 27 - No School
May 30 - Pre k Graduation at 1:30 pm
May 31 - Awards Assembly and Move Up Day
June 6 - Field Day
June 7 - Last Day of School