Mrs. Rexrode's Newsletter
May 19, 2017
This Week in Pre K...
This week we learned about farm animals and read lots of books about farms. The students enjoyed singing "Old MacDonald", meeting Mrs. Wishy-Washy, and ordering farm animals from smallest to largest.
Next week, your child will be learning about the letter Oo and opposites.
- Uppercase and lowercase letters (A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L, M, N, P, Q, R, S, T, U, V, W, X, Z)
- Recognizing #'s 0-10
- Counting to 20
- Sorting objects by color and/or size
We are still in need of juice and/or milk for snack time.
- Our Pre K Graduation will take place on Friday, June 2, 2017 at 1:45 pm. Plan on arriving at least by 1:30 pm. MARK YOUR CALENDARS!
- We are having an ice cream party during the last week of school. If you would like to donate, please visit: www.SignUpGenius.com/go/30E0F4FA4AB2DA1F85-icecream
- All library books are due back by Friday, May 26th.
- No school on Monday, May 29th.
Field Day is scheduled for Tuesday, June 6th. We would love to have parent participation and need your help. Please click the link below to sign up to help on Field Day. Thanks to each of you for making this day possible.
1. Read to your child every day!
2. Search and Find Letters: When you are at a store, whether it is 7-11 or Walmart, give your child a letter to find. For example, if tell them to look for the letter Aa, and then have them try to find as many Aa's as possible. We did this around our school and the children had a blast.