Team 2 Weekly Update
Killian 5th Grade Leaders 9/21-9/25
Quick Overview of Learning
Science- Ecosystems: how organisms interact (producers, consumers, decomposers predator, prey, host).
Science Ecosystem project assigned Sept 21. The projects are due October 2. They will complete in class
ELA- Reading Skill: Theme, Wordly Wise Lesson 4, in-class Character Project, and continue to read 40 Acres and Maybe a Mule
Social Studies- 13th, 14th, and 15th Amendments/ We will also compare The Lives of Freedmen vs. Southern Whites during Reconstruction
Friday, Sept 25th
- Science: Ecosystem Vocabulary Quiz 2
- Math: Place Value Retest
- ELA: Wordly Wise Lesson 4 Test and Forty Acres and MAM Comprehension Quiz (Chapter 5-8)
Thursday, Sept 24th- Beta Club Induction 8:30-9:15
Student 1/2 Day
If you would like to schedule a parent-teacher conference, please contact Ms. JJ or Ms. Stephens
Friday, Sept 25th- Parents' Night Off/Killian Movie Night 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm $10. 00, $5 for additional student
Sept 28th-Oct 2nd- Spirit Week
- Monday -Twin Day
- Tuesday -Hat/Jersey Day $1.00 5 STEAM Spirit Points
- Wednesday -K-2 Dance-A-Thon Block Party Admission $2.00 @2:00p.m.
- Wednesday -Wear Your Favorite Pajamas for $1.00 5 STEAM Spirit Points
- Thursday-3-5 Dance-A-Thon Block Party Admission $2.00 @ 2:00 p.m.
- Friday- Dress for Success Day
- Friday-“Put the Principals in the Zoo”