The Pettit Park Paper
Monthly news for Pettit Park Elementary Technology Academy
Each month, we will send a link out to our Pettit Park newsletter, The Pettit Park Paper. Since we cannot have visitors this year, this is a great way to stay connected and keep up on what we are doing each month at school. Please contact the school if you have any questions.
Please click on the video below to learn about Growth Mindset. This is a HUGE factor in helping children succeed. This is a great parent friendly video that shares some ideas on how to help with this at home!
World Read Aloud Day
February 3, 2021 is also World Read Aloud Day! Celebrate with us by reading a book to or with your child(ren) and send the teacher a picture or video. All families that submit a picture or video of reading aloud with their child will be put into a drawing for a family prize! All entries must be submitted by the end of the school day on 2-4-21.
Let's Get Ready to ROCK...
The week of February 8-12, 2021 is ROCK YOUR SCHOOL week! We plan to do a variety of fun activities to celebrate our school!
Hello Parents/Guardians of our Virtual Students!
We want to review a few items with you in order to help make our learning experiences better for our students!
- Please try to find a quiet place for your child to participate.
- Please try to limit background noise and interruptions from others.
- Students may struggle in bed or on a couch, so a place with a table and chair is ideal for the live lessons.
- We are required to take attendance for our virtual students each day. The attendance is updated at the end of each week. Teachers are also tracking attendance for sessions. Teachers will provide a weekly summary of attendance at each lesson/check-in session.
- Our teachers are working on recording video sessions in case your child misses a live session. These are a work in progress and often take time to upload…please be patient.
We appreciate your support in order to make this learning experience the best for your child!
We will post photos on our Social Media throughout the week. This is a great way to see what is going on in our classrooms and get to "see" into the life at school without actually being here physically. Please take time to follow us!
Learning social skills is an important part of life. We teach social skills throughout the year. The social skills below are a few that would be good to review at home too!
Meet Dr. Smith
Lyndsi Smith is the principal. She has been in education for 20 years as a teacher, instructional coach, assistant principal and now, principal. Dr. Smith started her own schooling at Pettit Park in elementary school. She also started her teaching career at Pettit Park. She is excited to be back home!