February 4th - 8th
Social Intelligence & Compassion
Monday: February 4th: All Classes
1st: Share with your students the following definition of compassion.
K-2: Compassion: Seeing someone else in need and deciding to help them in some way.
3-5: Compassion: Concern for the suffering of others while feeling compelled to act on that concern.
2nd: Share the video clip with your students.
1. How did the other students in this video show compassion?
2. How are compassion and kindness linked?
Wednesday: February 6th: All Classes
1. How did both the Grandma in the Window as well as Carol and her students show compassion and kindness to one another?
2. Do you think that Carol and her students act of kindness can help to make Carol feel better sooner? Why?
Friday: February 8th: All Classes
Explain to students what Mother Teresa did with her life in an effort to serve the hungry and the homeless. (Use Link Below)
1. How did Mother Teresa reach beyond herself to serve others?
2. What is service to others?
3. How is service to others a perfect example of social intelligence?