Special Edition - August 23, 2021
A Message from the Principal
Wow! What a great start to the school year. I have been amazed and encouraged as I have watched everyone come together to support our students. As I walk the halls of Caldwell Elementary, I see students participating in joyful learning and important social and emotional activities. Our teachers have not wasted any time in getting students engaged and building opportunities for student success.
A big thank you to all of our parents and families for the work you are doing to help our beginning of year transition go smoothly. We appreciate your patience and cooperation as we have refined our arrival and dismissal procedures. I am happy to say that we are now rocking and rolling! We have drastically reduced our pick up times and all students are getting to class in the mornings safely and quickly.
One piece of information I want to draw specific attention to in the newsletter is our Free and Reduced Lunch Application linked below. Although all students receive free breakfast and lunch this year, it is VERY important that all parents still complete the form. The information that is collected determines much of the funding our campus receives. The money that is received because of this information is used to fund intervention positions on our campus and purchase high quality instructional materials and resources. Please take just a couple of minutes to complete the online form. If you need any assistance, please reach out to our Social Worker, Sherri Scott, by calling the front office.
Lastly, I want to take a moment to acknowledge that we are continuing to navigate a very difficult situation in schools in the midst of the pandemic. Please know that every single staff member on campus is doing their best to keep your kids safe and healthy. If you haven't already, please find time to tell your student's teacher or another staff member thank you for all of their hard work. One way you can show your appreciation is by using the "Shout Out" button at the bottom of the newsletter. This will take you to a short form where you can tell us who you are thankful for and why. Your shout out will be shared directly with the staff member and put in our next Caldwell Connection. Let's work together to spread kindness and positivity!
Please don't hesitate to let us know if there is something we can do to support or serve your family. We are available and will work to ensure that all children have what they need to be successful.
Our School Day
7:15 Doors Open
7:15-7:35 Free Breakfast
7:35 Tardy Bell
2:50 Dismissal (All Grade Levels)
- We need parent representatives for our Campus Academic Advisory Committee (CAAC). This site based decision making team works with the principal to approve and monitor the campus improvement plan and professional development plan. It is important that we have parent input on this committee. The committee will meet 4-5 times throughout the school year. If you are interested in serving on the committee, please complete this form and Mrs. Dossey will reach out to you.
- Please complete the FREE AND REDUCED LUNCH APPLICATION. Despite all students having access to free breakfast and lunch, it is very important that we collect this information from families. Part of our campus funding is directly tied to the information provided on this form.
- Please send a reusable water bottle to school with your child each day. We cannot use the water fountains at this time, but we do have refill stations available.
- Take a look at the Region 16 Parent and Family Engagement Newsletter. There is some great information, ideas, and resources.
- Our tardy bell rings each day at 7:35. Students should be in their classroom ready to learn by this time. It is important for children to start the day off with breakfast and on time with their class.
- If your child needs help unbuckling or a lot of assistance getting out of the car in the morning, please park and walk your child across the cross walk to the door. Please do not park or get out of your vehicle in the car line.
- Our school day doesn't end until 2:50 each day. Please do not pick up your student early from school unless they have an important appointment that you were unable to schedule after school hours. We want students to get every minute of learning during the day.
- Please remember to be safe at dismissal and always use the crosswalks.
Return to Learn: COVID Updates
- The health and safety of your child is our top priority. We will always do everything we can to utilize practices to slow the spread of COVID-19 and reduce the risk for staff and students at our school.
- Please always refer to the PfISD Return to Learn Website for the most up to date information.
Here are a few important procedures to know about.
Protective measures, including the use of face coverings, are highly encouraged for all staff, students and visitors regardless of vaccination status. At this time, masks will be required for students, staff, and visitors when attending Pflugerville ISD, in accordance with the current Travis County mask order. We are awaiting a final Supreme Court Order relating to Travis County's Order and expect it to be issued soon.
Each campus has boxes of masks available for staff and students, as needed.
- We are still only allowed to have essential visitors on campus. This means that parents will not be able to walk their student(s) in at drop-off or eat lunch with them. However, parents can enter the front office to drop something off or to get assistance from the office staff.
- We will continue to socially distance students as mush as possible. Because we will be open at 100% capacity, we will not always be able to maintain 6 feet of distance. However, we will distance to the maximum extent possible.
- The campus and district will continue to use the additional cleaning and sanitation practices that were put in place last year.
- Please review health and safety procedures with your child at home. Here are some videos that you can watch together. Proper Handwashing; Cough and Sneeze Etiquette; Social Distancing; Alternatives to Handshakes and High Fives