An Olympic Track & Field Legend
Running the 100
Jesse Owens won gold in the 100 Meter Dash at Berlin in 1936.
Getting Ready for the Race
Jesse Owens was an American Olympic Athlete from Ohio.
Jesse Owens best time in the 220 meter hurdles was 22.6 seconds!
Jesse Owens Wins 100m Olympic Gold in front of Hitler at 1936 Olympics
Facts about Jesse Owens
- His nickname was "The Buckeye Bullet".
- He won 4 Gold medals at the Berlin Olympics in 1936.
- His farthest jump in long jump was 26 feet 8 inches.
- The events he did at the Olympics were the 100 meter dash, 200 meter dash, Long jump, and a 400 meter relay.
- Jesse Owens's long jump record stood for 25 years.