December 18, 2015 - J. Kamau, Principal
UGLY SWEATER DAY! MR. MORRIS DOES IT RIGHT!
Editor Miss Debbie O'Brien, "Carpe Diem!"
PARKING LOT PROBLEM SOLVER
Message Board Lumberton Campus
1. Please have all 2nd marking period interim grades posted by the close of business on Monday December 21, 2015. This will allow the administration time to review and distribute the interims before we depart for the winter break.
2. Bring student-made ornaments to Mr. Osborne for display.
3. Holiday Hoopla-TODAY: Ugly Sweater Day! Next Monday: Dress as your favorite holiday character. Next Tuesday: Dress like a "Who" for "Whoville". Next Wednesday: Dress like an Elf!
4. Custom calendars for sale-See Ms. O'Brien for details
5. Staff Holiday Party TODAY! Check Ms. Knighton's online flyer!
GINGERBREAD CONTEST WINNERS!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!
NICE JOB DANTE!
THE SUNSHINE CLUB IS BACK
Culinary Arts Corner
CLOSED FOR THE REMAINDER OF DECEMBER.
Menu for our return after break:
Week of January 4th menu
Soups – cream of broccoli or chicken rice
Salad – grilled chicken on a garden
Tuesday – meatballs over penne pasta
Wednesday – over rice with broccoli
Thursday – chili over rice with tortilla chips
Friday – pepperoni bread or pizza by the slice
Desserts - Quick bread and muffins, assorted cookies
Week of January 11
Cream of turkey soup or beef barley soup
We will be running a salad bar that will change daily for this week. $5.00.
Dessert –peach cobbler, assorted cookies
Friendly Reminders on Incident Reporting:
* For Incident reports: In the subject line, include the student's first initial, last name, and date.
* When signing the report, please sign next to the signature box where you type your name.
*Incident reports are legal documents, and have the potential to become court documents. Please remember to do a spelling and grammar check.
*Submit incident reports by 2:30pm.
* Stick to the facts.
*Our suspension list is now on the Message Board. If a student is suspended, teachers will mark the student as absent, and the office will take care of marking it as a suspension.
*ABC Program: Students who wish to cash in their vouchers for fries in Smitty's Café will have to follow the procedure for requesting a meal (i.e. utilizing a voucher, getting approval and scheduling with Ms. Heather in advance).
Attendance - Books - Conduct
Challenge and expect more
Your students need to feel like their brains hurt when leaving your class. Sort of like when you work muscles in the gym and you become sore. Make the work rigorous!
Why should the students be interested in this lesson/activity or project? Make connections that are relevant to their lives.
This is being done well @Lumberton. We know that this piece is critical to reaching the diverse and unique population of students we serve.