2F Weekly News
Week of November 30, 2014
A Note from Ms. Graves
This week was the first week of Trimester 2 which means many new things in 2F. Students applied for new classroom jobs, new table teams were assigned, and the weekly blogger began on Thursday. Each full week, I will work with 1 or 2 students to create a short video about what we have learned, are working on, or questions we have. Fingers are crossed that it goes well. :) You can find out this exciting info on our blog, linked to every newsletter, and each child will have multiple opportunities to participate. I can’t wait to hear how we grow as thinkers and presenters!
We would love your comments (which will be posted once approved) to show students responsible digital citizenship and the power of a global audience.
Next Week is International Week which means tons of fund for ASD. Below are the events and theme days.
Monday Dec. 8th - National Costume Day with opening ceremony in the afternoon
Tuesday Dec. 9th - Sports Jersey Day (this is a half day)
Wednesday Dec. 10th - Qatar Colors Day and International Buffet at 10:00 am
Thursday Dec. 11th - International T-shirt Day and closing ceremony in the afternoon
- If you did not get the chance to order an international week t-shirt, they will be on sale throughout the week in the middle school office I believe.
- Due to the International Buffet on Wednesday, students may not want to eat their snack but please send one anyway just in case they aren't fond of the food they try.
- New levels of fiction and nonfiction books went home last week for homework, after students were assessed on the DRA (developmental reading assessment). Stay tuned for a growth overview page!
Looking forward to an exciting and busy week,
- contact Lower Elementary Office Manager, Mrs. Krista Wilson if you know your child will be absent
- email email@example.com
- or call the elementary office at 4459-1550
- is due every Sunday, but can be turned in early on Thursdays
- kindly make sure your child has a chance to read their just right books each night
- keep in mind library books are chosen by interest and may not be just right - they are perfect for reading after Just Right Reading Time
- please email me during the week if your child has difficuluty completing the work - this way I can explain it to them before the weekend
- can be topped up at the vending machines on campus
- email alerts will be sent once the account dips below 100 QR
Gate 5 Playground
- is closed until 3:15pm, and children must be supervised after this time