Chain Blogging Facts and Questions
11 facts about myself…
- I have only lived in the Chicagoland area my whole life. Grew up in Burbank and then got married and moved WAAAAYYYY out to Darien and now Bolingbrook- seemed like the other end of the Earth in 1990.
- I haven't seen too much of the United States, so I have a desire to travel stateside. I really don't want to travel abroad, but if my son keeps studying German like he plans to, that may have to change…
- I was a cheerleader from 1st-11th grade. I also ran track (3 years) and cross country (2 years) in high school.
- I have wanted to be a PE teacher since 6th grade. I never veered from the desire to teach- EVER!
- I recently took up crochet- I'm doing pretty well I must say.
- I am a voracious reader- fiction, non-fiction, doesn't matter.
- I was an active member of Girl Scouts from 3rd grade through adulthood. I earned my Gold Award (the GIrl Scout equivalent of the Boy Scouts Eagle Award) in 1986.
- For not having any formal computer training, I am pretty tech savvy and still have some Apple IIe disks floating around here from college. (Does anyone even know what that is???)
- I am the oldest cousin of 13 on my Mom's side of the family; the oldest of 9 on my Dad's. The oldest of 3 kids (brother, Kenny; sister, Sandy)
- I have an insane phobia of… SNAKES! Just thinking about them gives me the willies!
- I've been married to my husband, Ed for 23 1/2 years. I've been a Hartig longer than I was a Czajkowski. (Although I will ALWAYS be a Czajkowski..)
1. What kind of automobile (car/truck/SUV) most exemplifies your personality? Please include make, model, color and year.
I think I would be a 1975 Volskwagen Beetle- yellow, of course. I chose this car because it seems like a cheerful and fun vehicle.
2. If you were trapped on a deserted island, what one item would you have to have with you to survive?
I suppose I would have a knife- I could use it to cut branches to make a shelter, fish with, carve the number of days I was stranded into a tree… ;-)
3. Who is your favorite action movie actor or actress?
While I am not a big action movie fan, I really liked Angelina Jolie in the movies Mr. and Mrs. Smith, and Salt.
4. If you had to eat every meal for a week at only one restaurant, what restaurant would you choose?
Subway, eat fresh! I'm pretty simple like that…
5. If stuck in one city for a long weekend, where would you want to be stuck?
Boston! I was there only overnight for one night this summer and can not wait to get back there! I loved everything about it!
6. Would you rather have 1 million twitter followers or your own column in the New York Times?
Twitter- short writing is best for me, although I don't know if I'd have anything to say that so many people would find all that interesting…
7. If you had to change your nation’s national anthem to a different song, what would the song be?
This is a tough one… while I'm not really a fan of The Star-Spangled Banner, I cannot imagine anything in taking its place… Ok, um, maybe a mash up of Sweet home Alabama, Take me Home Country Road, New York New York, and any other state songs??? (I know- lame answer…)
8. What famous musician would you like to go on a road trip/tour with?
My daughter would pick 1D! I would choose Jon Bon Jovi… I think he has stood the test of time and seems like a great guy.
9. Pizza or a burger?
Without a doubt- pizza!!!
10. Would you rather have unlimited credit at a shoe store or the gas station?
Gas Station- may sound strange for a PE teacher to not want the latest and greatest athletic shoes, but I would love to travel the US more and this would surely help.
11. If you could go back in time, what year would you land in and why?
In my own life… I would choose to go back to junior year of high school and then move forward from there. It was a very fun year full of activities and opportunities for me. I had a blast and would LOVE to experience that again and then keep going…
Here are my 11 questions for you:
- What is the best compliment you have ever received?
- What is your favorite season and why? Teachers, don't take the easy way out on this… ;-)
- If you could have any other career, what would it be?
- What would you change your first name to if you could change your name?
- What is the oldest thing you own?
- If you received $100 a week that you had to spend on only you… what would you spend it on?
- If you could bestow one special talent in your children (your own, or your students) what would that special talent be?
- What are 3 songs in the soundtrack to your life?
- What one thing makes you truly happy?
- What risk would you take if you knew you could not fail?
- What is one thing you are truly proud of, but few people know about?
OK- now the hard part. The list of 11 friend/colleagues I am inviting to answer my questions is listed below. Don't chicken out… You can do this! :-) I look forward to learning more about each of you!
1- Dreama Mueller
2- Troy Johnson
3- Steve Gomboz
4- Glenn Mueller
5- Jen Riskus
6- Jill Rose
7- Anleeta Buchannan
8- Erica Roberts
9- Lindsay Biank
10- Di Ander
11- Jen Oswald