The Vise Press
September 25, 2015
Monday: Send in 10-12 pictures for the students to share with the class.
Friday: Students will read a book aloud to the class and they may bring an item for Show and Tell.
Veteran's Day Program
We have been busy this week using our data from iStation to set some goals! We all have an area to grow in and working on developing our Growth Mindset.
Student of Character
Congratulations to Elizabeth! She has been chosen as our Student of Character for September. Elizabeth can always be counted to be kind to other students, help her peers when needed, and is always a positive role model to others.
This week in Reading, we looked at and studied how the text features of non-fiction text can help us understand what we are reading. We enjoyed get to write on and mark on our text!
Student of Character
Genius Hour is Coming!!!
Want to know more about Genius Hour? Click here!
***My letter printed out funny, but it only cut off part of the Spanish instructions. If you need those instructions then I can reprint for you. :)
October 5th - Wear blue to Stomp Out Bullying
October 7th - Early Dismissal at 11:45 (Student-led Conferences)
October 8th - Early Dismissal at 11:45 (Student-led Conferences)
October 9th - SPIRIT DAY!
October 12th - NO SCHOOL
October 16th - PTA Carnival/SPIRIT DAY!
October 19th - 2nd Grade students will be CogAT testing this week.
October 23rd - SPIRIT DAY!
October 26th - Red Ribbon Week
October 30th - Dad's Club Campout/SPIRIT DAY!
What Will We Learn Next Week???
- Students will be able to add up to four 2 digits numbers.
- Students will be able to solve multi-step word problems.
- Students will be able to write a word problem when given an equation.
Language Arts (including Social Studies):
- Students will be able to identify the main idea, locate facts, and describe the order of events and ideas in a non-fiction book/passage.
- Students will be able to write a story with a story with a beginning, middle, and end that includes details.
- Students will be able to spell r-controlled words.
- Students will be able to identify the characteristics of urban, suburban, and rural and how they affect activities and settlement.
- Students will be able to identify the physical properties of matter.
We enjoyed playing Stop the Clock to work on telling time to 5 minutes! This is a great game that can be played on any computer at home! (Google Stop the Clock 3 to practice time to 5 minutes.) Some students are still struggling with this, so please practice at home. TIME IS HARD! We don't often use analog clocks these days, so students have a harder time grasping this concept.
Congratulations to Camille, London M., Elizabeth, and David for completing their challenge in Xtra Math! They are off and running towards accomplishing a new goal!
Favorite Color: Green
Favorite Food: Watermelon
Favorite Sport: Soccer
Favorite Subject: Math
Favorite Animal: Cat
If I could go on vacation anywhere I would go to: Hawaii
Someone I admire is: Nathan
I think I am special because: I am smart
Last Minute Items:
- Make sure to follow us on Twitter @lvisegcisd and @bestexans! There have been many amazing classroom moments captured and posted on Twitter this week! You can also search for us on Twitter by using the hashtag #visewildthings
- Don't forget to sign up for Remind 101 for text message reminders! To receive messages via text, text @mrsvise1 to 81010. You can opt out of messages at anytime by replying, 'unsubscribe @mrsvise1'.
- Please remember to get your background check done. Every volunteer and/or adult planning to attend a field trip need to have this completed. It takes 10 days to process. Thank you for doing this in a timely manner.
- Don't forget that you can access our grade level homework, In a Snap words, and our curriculum anytime on our website.