Friday Flight Plan
August 20, 2021
- Saturday, August 21st - Miles 4 Maryville Run - Different race events start at different times. Please review the times on the information below.
- Tuesday, August 24th - 6th & 7th Grade Boys' Basketball Open Gym from 2:45 pm to 4:00 pm
- Wednesday, August 25th - Fall Pictures for the following houses: Blue, Navy, Purple, Silver & Red
- Thursday, August 26th - Fall Pictures for the following houses: Green Gold, Orange & Black
- Friday, August 27th- FCA Huddle @ 7:05 AM for 6th/7th graders in the library. It is our first meeting of the year!
All CGIS events can be accessed via our school website!
- CGIS teachers will be sending home the TN Ready Home Reports on Friday, August 27th. Please look for your student's test scores in their Friday Folder on that date.
- Transportation Changes during the Day -Please plan ahead and make sure your student knows transportation plans each afternoon. If you need to change your student's transportation during the school day, please directly email your student's homeroom & sixth period teachers of the change. It is important that we limit mid-day changes in order to preserve instructional time and to make sure they are focused on teaching. We can't ensure this information will get to your student by the end of the day since our teachers are instructing the students. In an extenuating circumstance, please call our main office.
- Early Checkout - At the end of each school day, the latest a parent or guardian can check out a student is 2:25 pm. Please make sure you are at the school prior 2:25 pm so we are able to accommodate this request.
- Check out more important information in our student handbook! https://cgis.maryville-schools.org/parents-students/student-handbook
Tech Reminder for Parents
- Canvas - Create your own Canvas account and see daily assignments and class content
- PowerSchool - Use the account you created and used for Data Verification to view student grades and attendance. This can be done through the website or through the App.
- AR & Star Tests - Request an email each time your child takes an AR or Star test.
Breakfast Study Club
The CGIS Breakfast Study Club officially opened on August 16th!
Miles 4 Maryville - Saturday, August 21st
825 Lawrence Avenue
Maryville, TN 37803
The Miles 4 Maryville 10K, 5K and 1 Mile Run/Walk is in its 10th year. All three races will be in person. The 10K will begin at 6:30 AM. The 5K will begin at 7:30 AM. Last, but not least. the 1 Mile Run/Walk will start at 8:30 AM.
Miles 4 Maryville is a fundraising event for the Maryville City Schools Foundation which provides the ongoing enrichment of educational programs for all students in Maryville City Schools. We hope you you will join us this year.
Registration - Online registration is available through noon Friday, August 20th, for all events. Guaranteed shirt cut-off is August 11th at noon. Shirts and bibs must be picked up in advance of the race. There will be no event day registration or bib pick up.
All details for the Miles 4 Maryville Event and Signup Online can be found at https://runsignup.com/Race/TN/Maryville/Miles4Maryville .
- We will have five food trucks, the Kona Ice Truck, and a cupcake truck.
- There will be a dunking booth (I think we have some "celebrities" lined up like principals and teachers that will be ready to get dunked).
- An inflatable obstacle course will be set up to have tons of fun. Plus, we also plan on having a face painter and balloon artist.
- Corn Hole Boards will be set up along the soccer goals for everyone's enjoyment.
- A martial arts group will be on site to give demonstrations and many more exciting groups will be at our event.
We hope to see you at the Foundation Frenzy!
CGIS Coronavirus Weekly Update
We have made the decision at CGIS to provide information below weekly so each family can know our school wide status and can make the best informed decisions for your children/students as we move through the school year. It is our hope to be transparent with the information we have but at the same time, prioritize our students' need to be educated, connect with one another and support their social and emotional needs as well as depend upon health care providers for health care decisions of staff and students. For more information, refer to MCS District COVID update at the following link: https://www.maryville-schools.org/central-office/coordinated-school-health/2021-22-covid-19
Here is the schoolwide information specific to CGIS for this week:
· Number of reported positive CGIS student cases this week- 7
· Number of reported positive student cases in school at CGIS this week that impacted school attendance of other CGIS students and staff due to close contact tracing (outside of household contacts) - 0
· Number of positive staff cases at CGIS this week that impacted school attendance of other students or staff due to close contact tracing- 0
Clusters identified (two or more students or staff members in one class) and communicated this week- 0
We are grateful for your support and will certainly be responsive and include more information if there are identified clusters or upticks in our cases at CGIS.
Dr. Ramona Best, Principal
Dr. Best's Launch into the weekend
Our students are shining brightly and we are getting into the groove of our new school year together. Let's continue to build our connectedness this year. Continue to encourage your children/our students to share their needs and any issues that might occur with our staff. We want to know.
Our theme this year is "shine" and I'm providing Shine Challenges to staff and students each week. Next week's shine challenge for you, as parents and guardians, to engage with us through our Show Up Nights next week. Our grade level teams will be sending out more specific communications for each event. We are excited about the opportunity to host our students and parents to learn expectations and strengthen our partnership.
I've attached the administrative presentations from this week's Show Up Nights to this newsletter as a convenience for families.
Always grateful for your partnership,