Mrs. McDade's Kindergarten News
May 23, 2015
Important Dates & Reminders
May 23: Talent Show 6:30-8:00
May 24: Yearbook signing party
May 25: Kindergarten Music Program @ 6:30 SEE MORE INFO BELOW
May 25: Popcorn Fundraiser Ends (all $$ due)
May 26: Field Day!! MORE INFO IN Bloomz
May 29: Memorial Day - NO SCHOOL!!!
May 31: End of Year Class Party (1:45-2:30)
June 1: Last day of school - Early Dismissal @ 12:00
Kindergarten Music Program, May 25 at 6:30 pm
We Are Ready to Sing!
Kindergarten students invite you to attend our musical celebration of all the things we learned this year! Don’t miss it! The performance will take place in the Cross Oaks cafeteria on Thursday, May 25th at 6:30pm.
After the show, performers will stand on stage for a two minute photo opportunity before being released to parents.
Kindergarten students are invited to dress up as what they’d like to be when they grow up. Performers should meet Mrs. King in the main hallway by the music room at 6:20 pm.
Look for Guided Reading Books
Please search your house for guided reading books. We must turn in all books by Friday!
Get instant reminders from me via text without having to share your phone number. *Text message rates apply.
- If you eat lunch with your child at school, only your child may eat with you on the stage. Other school children must remain seated at their lunch table.
- Be sure your student arrives on time in the mornings before 7:50.
- Check blue O.W.L. folders EACH NIGHT! Important information comes home in these as well as behavior marking in the back.
- Kindergarten can be a messy place! Please keep a seasonal change of clothes (in a ziploc bag) in your child’s backpack at all times. Aside from many hands-on Kindergarten learning experiences that sometimes get messy, children sometimes go down wet slides, fall down in the mud, or spill their lunch in their lap.
- Don't forget to label your child's coat and sweaters, lunch boxes and water bottles. If your kiddo is missing something, let me know and I will let them go look for it in our lost and found.
What We Are Learning
I can match one to one when reading.
I can check the picture.
I can make the first sound.
Does it look right?
Does it sound right?
Does it make sense?
Go back and reread.
Look for chunks.
Flip the vowel-try another vowel sound.
Read with expression.
Making inferences: character's emotions
Literacy: vowel teams, silent e, sneaky y
Word Family: -op
Sight Words: behind, have
Writer's Workshop: I can add text features to my teaching (nonfiction) book.
Math: comparing sets of numbers (more, less, greater, fewer, equal)
Science: Animal Research, Plants, Landforms
Special Areas Schedule
Please make sure your child wears closed toe shoes on PE days.
June 12- Aitana
June 16- Hanna
June 18- Ann
June 28- Nikkoli
July 23 Ryder
August 18- Mackenzie