GRE Staff Newsletter
For the Week of May 20, 2019
It was another fun week at GRE! Thank you to all of you for your hard work at the end of the year. You have definitely finished strong! Hopefully our Race to the Finish campaign helped keep you and your students excited and motivated to end the year on the right note. This year has been full of the highest of highs and some of the lowest of lows but, we came together and supported each other. We supported our students and their families. We took students to new heights. We watched friendships bloom. We welcomed new team members...who survived their first year of teaching (we all remember what that felt like)! We survived new copiers:)
In all seriousness, this has been one of my favorite years in education...and it is because of YOU and the work YOU have done. Let's send these students into summer with tired smiles on our faces and a full heart in our chest, knowing we gave 110% every single day.
With love and appreciation,
Congrats to Ginna, Chelsea (baby Theo), and Ashley for their Eagle Mentor Awards! We are so proud of you!
News to Share
1. I try to be a very reflective person by nature. I want to continue to learn and grow as a leader but I need your help to do that. So far, only 11 staff members have filled out the building leadership survey. I can't become a better leader without feedback. I know it is a busy time of year and I will adjust this for next year, but please consider providing feedback on my leadership by completing this Building Leadership Survey so that I may continue to develop as your principal and better support you.
2. Monday, May 20th-Field Day
See Jody's email from May 16th for full day details or click below for what you would like to review prior to Monday.
-Brown bag lunch day or buy a brown bag (choices: Choice 1: Hot Dog; Choice 2: PB&J; Choice 3: Eagle Munchable)
-Have student bring beach towel if you would like to eat outside
You are expected to be on time to field day sessions and participate the whole time. You may eat in your classrooms or outside. If you would like a 30 minute lunch during the mid day lunch break, please let me know and I will figure it out.There will be staff members walking around to provide restroom breaks. You must stay with your class unless a staff member switches with you. Do not leave your class with parent volunteers! If a student is injured, please have them come to the center for bandaids, etc.
3. Tuesday, May 21-Variety Show
Show times 9:00-10:30 and 2:00-3:00; teachers please help monitor behavior during this time, consider an extra recess to reward positive assembly choices. A video will be in your morning announcement on Tuesday.
*Pie in the face will be filmed at another time and send out in video to be shared on Thursday am
4. Wednesday, May 22- Discover Day Schedule/Eagle Ed
Discover Day 9:00-11:00; as soon as I have the schedule from Tara, I will share with you!
Lunch Schedule Change: 4th Grade 12:50-1:20; eat in rooms (duty teachers report to classrooms for supervision)
Eagle Ed Session 1 1:35-2:25; Eagle Ed Session 2 2:30-3:20
5. Thursday, May 23- Last Day for Students!
Dunk Tank and Kona Ice 9:30-11:30; Angie will call your classroom when it's time to come to the front of the school.
Lunch Schedule: 4th grade will have their pizza party this day and eat in their rooms; all other lunches at normal time
Clap out for 4th Grade; 1:30 dismissal time
6. A note about the weather. As of now, it looks like our end of the year events will be okay with the exception of possible thunderstorms Thursday. We will do our best to make smart, safe decisions and keep you informed as we go.
7. Schoology is here!!!! You should now have access to Schoology through your Big Walnut Links located in your bookmark bar. Make sure you try logging in prior to leaving for the summer so that it will be ready to go when you are. So what does this mean for next year? Check out below for year 1 essentials!
Week at a Glance
Monday, May 20- Field Day
Tuesday, May 21- Variety Show
Wednesday, May 22- Discover Day; Eagle Ed
Thursday, May 23- Last day for students!
Friday, May 24- Teacher Work Day; Happy Birthday to Christie Johnson Stuber!
Happy Birthday to our summer staff birthdays!
8- Kelly Rowe
12- Megan Truax
13- Kari Thomas
21- Casandra Nigl
25- Dorothy Branham
2- Sue Walaszek
17- Heidi Pallone
24- Angie Keller
6- Tiffany Watt
Upcoming Important Dates:
May 28th and 29th- Kindergarten Screening
June 20th- Schoology PD: Connect Ohio
July 8th-12th- Safety Town at GRE
July 22nd- Kate's Back to Work