by: Draven KIllian and Elizabeth Wright
Calender and Farming
- The Egyptians had 3 seasons instead of 4, like us. They had a flooding season, a planting season, and a harvest.
- Farming helped them with growing their economy larger.
- Farming also helped raise their food supplies
Only 22% of the Nile passes through Egypt.
The Nile River is 4,135 miles long, the longest river.
- When they needed to bath, cook, or drink water, the Nile River was their sorce.
- When the village needed meat, the men hunted for hippos.
- The Egyptians fished in the river and the fish was their biggest source for protein.