Franklin Special School District
In This Issue
Freedom Intermediate MAC Feature
Thanksgiving Break Information
MAC Gives Back
- Sewing Club - Ms. Morton will have your students "in stitches" this year. If your child has a desire to learn different sewing techniques, sewing club is held on Tuesday from 4 pm - 5 pm.
- Hip-Hop Club - Maybe your child can't sit still and has a talent for dancing. Ms. Kokoski will be teaching hip-hop styles of dance on Wednesdays from 4 pm - 5 pm.
- Cooking Club - Add a little "spice and everything nice" with Ms. Pelligrin. She will be helping your child express their culinary side with the cooking club held on Thursdays from 4 pm - 5 pm.
- Science Club - Has your precious child created their own science experiments at home? They can tap in to their curiosity with the science club lead by Mr. White on Fridays from 4 pm - 5 pm.
We would like to extend and big thank you to Mr. White and Ms. Cheryl for going above and beyond while Ms. Johnson was out for family matters.
We would also like to welcome Ms. Johnson back - she was greatly missed.
FIS is loving the fall weather. We love our outdoor time by enjoying kickball, basketball, and many more fun activities.
We have homework help daily. If you are struggling with an idea or concept, we can help. Our math, language arts and reading tutors are glad to help. Speaking of tutors, let me introduce you to our math tutor, Ms. Clark, and our Language Arts tutor, Ms. Koenig. Both are teachers on Team Impact and, boy, do they IMPACT our learning!
Our newest staff member is Ms. Addie Foster. She is the daughter of our very own Dr. Foster, but she makes a name for herself. She is such a great addition to our program and the kids love her.
Thanksgiving break is just around the corner and we are collecting can goods for Feed America First. These can goods are going to help those who are in times of need. Please consider giving if possible.
Each day at FIS is new and different, so come join us for some learning and fun.
Thanksgiving Break Information
Thanksgiving break registration forms are available at each MAC site and online at http://fssd.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/thanksgiving16.pdf. Deadline to register is November 15th by 6:00 p.m.
MAC Gives Back
As part of our efforts to practice service learning with our students, MAC is again partnering with Feed America First to provide 175 Thanksgiving food boxes for FSSD families. The Feed America First Thanksgiving food drive in Williamson County has been ongoing since 2004.
Food items are collected through several Williamson County Schools, as well as, with our MAC program. The food collected builds 25 pound food boxes, along with a turkey, donated by Bethlehem United Methodist Church to provide to families in need. If you know of a family who would benefit from receiving one of these boxes, please let us know.
We will be collecting non-perishable food items beginning Wednesday, November 9th, at each of our MAC sites, as well as, WeeMAC at the Central Office Annex building. We will accept donations through Friday, November 18th, and will distribute boxes on Monday, November 21st. We hope each of our families will check their cupboards and find an item or two to donate during this time of Thanksgiving. Thank you so much!
MAC PAYMENT INFORMATION
- Payment may be made on site by check or money order, paid online by Click-to-pay, or by calling the MAC central office at 790-4719 to pay by credit card.
- Check: Please write the name of the child/children and the school name on the check – especially if written by someone other than the parents. You may write one check for separate schools as long as there is a breakdown of payment for each school and child.
- Cash: Cash payments will only be taken at the Central Office Annex building weekdays from 8:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. Please do not send money (cash or check) to your child’s classroom teacher. IT WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
If your payment is mailed, it must reach the Central Office Annex by Friday or it will be late and a late fee will be assessed.
Click-to-pay: If a current email address is on file, a receipt (not a bill to be paid) will be sent weekly. Charges shown on the receipt are for the previous week's charges. If you do not see a credit (indicated by a minus sign, i.e. -25.00) or zero balance, the balance due is late and a late fee has already been applied. A click-to-pay link will be included in the email in order to make payments online.