Located in the African country of Liberia
Capo Das Palmas
Capo Das Palmas, meaning "cape of palms", is what the cape was first called. It was first discovered by Diogo Gomes who was a sailor for Prince Henry the Navigator in 1458. And in the 1830s the Maryland legislative spent 10,000 dollars to sail freed Africans, and slaves back to Africa from America. And on May 29, 1854 the colony was granted independence and became the country of Liberia.