Bulletin: Rumble on the River
Maize USD 266 | September 2023
Let's get ready to rumble, Maize USD 266!
The Maize High School Eagles and Maize South High School Mavericks will take the field at Wichita’s Riverfront Stadium, home of the Wichita Wind Surge, on Friday, Sept. 29, 2023! The game is the first in the inaugural Air Capital High School Football Series.
We at Maize USD 266 are excited to cheer for and support our Eagles and Mavericks for this new special event. Please explore this bulletin for additional information. Thank you for supporting Maize USD 266!
See you at the game!
Rumble on the River
Friday, Sep 29, 2023, 07:00 PM
Riverfront Stadium, 275 S. McLean Blvd., Wichita
Friday Night Facts
- Please escort young children and ask them to remain with you during the activities. We want our young fans to be safe as they also enjoy these events.
- For drivers and pedestrians, please be mindful, patient, and careful with traffic.
Riverfront policies, procedures
To help support a safe and fun Maize Family evening, please follow Riverfront Stadium policies and procedures, including the following.
- Bag Check: All fans will be required to adhere to a Clear Bag Policy upon entering the stadium. The only non-clear bags permitted into Riverfront Stadium will be manufactured diaper bags, medical bags, and bags smaller than 4.5-by-6.5 inches. All bags including purses and/or clutches over 4.5 -by-6.5 inches will not be allowed into Riverfront Stadium.
- Beverages, bottles, and cans: The stadium policies prohibit fans from bringing outside food, beverages, bottles, and cans into its facilities. Exceptions include baby formula, baby food, and medication or other special needs.
- Food and beverage policy: Fans are not permitted to bring outside food or beverages into Riverfront Stadium for individual consumption, except for needed medical purposes. One 16-ounce sealed water bottle is permitted into the facility.
- Internet access: Fans can access public Wi-Fi under “Riverfront Stadium Guest”.
- Prohibited items include bullhorns, drones, firearms, footballs, tobacco products, and more.
- Tailgating is not permitted on Riverfront Stadium property.
Students will be allowed to bring in signs for the student section.
- Click here to purchase advance tickets now! Only adult tickets are available online.
- Tickets are also available for purchase at the Wind Surge Box Office, 275 S. McLean Blvd. in Wichita.
- Tickets are $8 for adults, $4 for students of respective schools with student ID, and $4 for children ages 12 and under.
- Be aware that Riverfront Stadium is a cashless venue.
The following will be accepted at the Delano gate/entrance, the designated Pass Gate, located on the northwest side of Riverfront Stadium.
Schedule of events
- 5:30 p.m.: Gates open to the public
- 6:40 p.m.: Teams leave the field
- 6:45 p.m.: National Anthem, followed by Maize High School Marching Band pre-game performance
- 6:55 p.m.: Football hype video with Maize High School entering the field through the fieldhouse tunnel
- 6:57 p.m.: Coin toss and Ascension Via Christi Game Ball Presentation
- 7 p.m.: Kickoff
Tickets are all general admission, but those sections will be marked off for seating for each team.
- The Maize High School Eagles are the home team, and home team fans will sit in sections 12 to 21 into the berm. The Maize High student sections will be sections 16 and 17 as marked with a star below.
- The Maize South High School Mavericks are the visiting team, and visiting fans will sit in sections 1 through 10. Maize South High student sections will be sections 5 and 6 as marked with a star below.
Five things to know
The football field will run north-south, from home plate to left field.
Star Spangled Banner: Maize High School senior Jovi Garcia will sing the national anthem before the game.
Student videos on the big screen: The students of Seamless Productions, the Maize Career Academy Broadcasting 2 class that functions as a video creative agency, have created two videos to show at the game! One is a promo video featuring Maize High School and Maize South High School. The other is a hype video for home team Maize High School's football team. Next year, the students plan to produce a Maize South High School hype video. We can't wait to see their work!
- Halftime: During the standard 15-minute halftime, the OneMa1ze Dance team will perform, followed by the Maize High Marching Band.
- Concessions: Maize High School Booster Club supporters will work the Riverfront Stadium concession stands, and proceeds from concession sales for the night will go back to the Maize community.
Tune in, watch the game
- The game will be available on Cox YurView 22. Watch it on Cox channel 22, Cox Contour TV, or via free live stream on watch.yurview.com.
- ESPN Wichita 92.3 FM will be broadcasting.
Support Eagle and Maverick booster clubs
The Maize High School and Maize South High School Booster Clubs work closely together with Maize USD 266 to provide support and funding for athletic needs not included in the athletic department budget. The most beneficial way the community can support booster clubs is to purchase an All District Athletic Pass. The pass is an easy and convenient way for families to save money to attend home sporting events during the school year. The pass works for both middle and high school games for the Eagles and Mavericks. There are four pass types available:
- Family pass, which includes four cards
- Individual student pass
- Individual adult pass
- District pass, which is for current and retired Maize USD 266 employees