A Few More Questions Answered...
Some amazing student work is already happening...
A quick "Hello" from our new Mental Health Specialist, Christina Sun
Hi Patriots! My name is Christina Sun and I am the new on-site Education Related Mental Health Specialist at Beckman. I am so happy to be in Tustin and excited to meet you all. I have a rescue dog, who is a snack-eating champion, and I am a proud USC graduate (Fight On!).
I am here to provide that next level of support for students who are having trouble managing their school work as a result of social and emotional struggles. I will also be conducting and contributing to parent and student workshops and Social Emotional Learning (SEL) lessons on mental health-related topics throughout the school year. I am here five days a week (M-F) from 7:30am to 4:30pm, and my office is located across from Ms. Munoz’s desk. Please see your counselor for more information if you are interested in meeting with me.
As Beckman welcomes students back to classrooms, we sincerely and gratefully thank our membership for their support! Beckman PTO brings community together, and that starts with building a community that is open to all. For instance, both Pioneer and Orchard Hills PTO Presidents attended this month’s virtual PTO meeting. We welcome everyone.
If you have not yet joined PTO, there’s still time! We offer various membership options, and it only takes moments – plus a few easy steps—to join online www.beckmanpto1.com If you prefer a traditional form, simply print (link) and mail it back. All donations are voluntary and greatly appreciated!
Corporate matching gift programs help PTO funding reach further! If you work for a company that matches charitable donations to non-profit groups like Beckman PTO, we encourage you to ask and explore. You can learn more about how this program supports us here (link 1, link 2).
Again, thanks for your support of Beckman PTO. We also appreciate our returning community partners, Zov’s Restaurants and Teen Road to Safety.
What can I do if I am not getting Aeries emails?
Here are some quick tips!
1. Aeries will send messages to the email associated as the student's primary caregivers. Simply navigate to the 'Contacts' screen which can be found under “Student Info” .
2. Check that there is a contact listed for Mother, Father, or Parent/Guardian and includes an email address for that contact.
3. Once there is an email associated with a Mother, Father, or Parent/Guardian you can click the pencil icon to adjust portal access and notification types you will receive.
4. To make sure you are receiving messages, please make sure that you opt to receive both General and Emergency Announcements.
If you have checked these steps listed, you should be in the loop, and receiving all communiques involving happenings on campus!
Identifying Your Child's Hybrid Group
1) DL - Online learning only
2) O1 - Hybrid, on campus Mondays and Thursdays
3) O2 - Hybrid, on campus Tuesdays and Fridays
Log into Aeries and navigate to the "Student Info" tab. Under "Student Info" tab click on "Demographics."
Once in the Demographics screen, on the bottom right of the screen, there will be a field titled “Hybrid/DL.”
The Hybrid group will be noted there.