NORTHGATE INTEREMEDIATE WOLVES
EXPERIENCING SCIENCE IN THE CLASSROOM
Ms. English Room 110
Sound Science Lab!
Ms. English Room 110
Sound Science Lab!
Mrs. Strasburg Room 152 Area & Perimeter in Math and Ecosystems in Science
The Culminating activity was to create Zoo Habitats for various animals. Students had to read facts about the animals that they chose, determine the area & perimeter of the enclosure and include what animals need to survive.
With your card, you can reserve books to pick up at any location, use a computer, print, copy, fax and scan, download and stream eBooks, eAudiobooks, movies and music plus access free online tools and resources.
Columbus Metropolitan Library Partners
Columbus Metropolitan Library partners with central Ohio cultural institutions to offer free admission for cardholders
Columbus Metropolitan Library (CML) offers its cardholders free admission to select central Ohio cultural institutions. The Culture Pass program enables CML customers to borrow passes just as they would a book: using their library card. This one time pass, which must be checked out in person, grants customers limited free access to institutions that would otherwise charge admission fees.
Current participating cultural organizations:
- Columbus Zoo and Aquarium: Passes available at CML’s Main Library and Barnett, Driving Park, Franklinton, Hilltop, Karl Road, Linden, Marion-Franklin, Martin Luther King, Northern Lights, Northside, Parsons, Shepard and Whitehall branches
- Columbus Museum of Art: Passes available at all 23 CML locations
- Franklin Park Conservatory: Passes available at CML’s Driving Park, Martin Luther King and Shepard branches
- National Veterans Memorial and Museum: Passes available at CML’s Main Library and Barnett, Franklinton, Martin Luther King and Parsons branches
- Ohio History Center: Passes available at CML’s Karl Road, Linden, Northern Lights and Northside branches
- Pizzuti Collection of the Columbus Museum of Art: Passes available at all 23 CML locations
- Wexner Center for the Arts: Passes available at all 23 CML locations
Culture Passes cannot be reserved like traditional library items, however customers can check their availability at https://www.columbuslibrary.org/ by typing “Culture Pass” into the catalog search bar.
COSI FOR SUMMER FUN
GET READY FOR SOME SERIOUS SCIENCE!
Ohio’s largest annual science event, the 2021 COSI Science Festival, is coming May 5 - 8, 2021. The third annual COSI Science Festival will include dozens of unique online events showcasing incredible science being done in Ohio and proving again that science truly is everywhere and for everyone.
Check out the COSI Science Festival website for more details https://cosiscifest.org/
SUMMER SCHOOL EXPERIENCE!
JUST CLICK HERE.......
Student Application for Summer School Experience 2021 @ Spruce Run Nature Center
Gifted and Talented 4th and 5th program have raised over $600 for a “Buddy Bench.” A “Buddy Bench” promotes kindness to students who need a friend. This has been a challenging school year for all of us. We are compelled to make a difference in our final days here at our school that will leave a lasting impression. The “Buddy Bench” will be placed on our school playground for the students to use and help anyone in need.
The rules of the bench are simple. If someone is sitting on the bench alone, it signals they need a friend. It doesn’t matter who’s sitting on the bench, someone needs to step up, and sit with them. No one is allowed to sit on bench if their tired, it is saved for students who needs a friend or someone to talk to! Other words, become a “Buddy.”
The “Buddy Bench” will be inscribed with our school's name on it, along with a plaque that states it was donated from the gifted students of the 2020-2021 school year. We, the gifted students believe no one should ever feel alone. This bench serves as our commitment to help all students entering Northgate Intermediate.