Wright Elementary Monthly News
A MESSAGE FROM PRINCIPAL COYLE
June 1st - June 30th: Pride Month
June 1st - June 30th: National Great Outdoors Month: Embrace nature and enjoy outdoor activities.
Friday, June 2nd: Music in the Park at Wright 5:30pm - 7:30pm (see details below)
Monday, June 5th: Picnic Lunch at Wright (see details below)
World Environment Day
Wednesday, June 7th: Sprague and South Parade of Honor 11:30am
Thursday, June 8th: Kinder Celebration 1:15pm
Monday, June 12th: 5th Grade Swim Party
Tuesday, June 13th: 5th Grade Promotion
School Board Meeting - Learn more
Wednesday, June 14th: Last day of school for grades K-5
Thursday, June 15th: Last day of school for grades 6-11
Friday, June 16th: Building is closed at 4pm for construction (see details below)
We have many student medications in our school office. Medication left at school must be returned to the parent or be destroyed at the end of the school year per district policy. Please make arrangements for picking up your child’s unused medication before the last day of school, June 14th. Please note that medication can not be sent home with students. Unclaimed medication will be disposed of at the end of the day on Friday, June 16th.
It is very important that parents keep their contact information current.
Be sure to let our school office know if you have a new address, email or phone number.
The parent or guardian marked as the primary contact in the student information system will receive automated communication.
Messages will also be sent to the student’s home phone number contained in the database, if different from the primary contact phone number.
Please click the link below for more information:
- Student school hours are 7:50am-2:20pm on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday.
- Every Wednesday during the school year will be a one hour late start. School hours on Wednesdays are 8:50am-2:20pm.
- Doors open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday at 7:30am for students to access breakfast and 7:40am to begin entering their classrooms. Wednesdays are one hour later.
- Please do not park in the bike lane, block intersections, OR neighboring households driveways when picking up or dropping off your student. This is illegal and creates an unsafe environment for children and families.
- Please do not drop your student's off in the bus lane or at the parking lot entrance in front of the school. This is a safety precaution and will be strictly enforced. Also, please make sure your student has safely exited your vehicle and is on the sidewalk before starting to drive away.
- If your student will be absent for any reason, please call our Absence Reporting Line at (503) 399-5503 24 hours a day/7 days a week and leave a detailed message that includes student name, ID number, diagnosis, symptoms and date symptoms started.
Salem-Keizer Public Schools often take photos or video of school activities or events in which students are featured. These photos or videotapes are frequently used as promotional items for the school district. If you do not want your child photographed or videotaped while at school, please send a written notice to our school office as soon as possible. If there is no written notice on file, the school will assume it has the right to photograph or videotape your child AND post to social media.
We are getting a new look over the summer!!!
It is finally time to complete the bond construction at Wright, and we are very excited. Our school office will be where the bulk of the work will take place, moving our main service area right by the front doors, and adding additional security doors within the entryway of the building. There will also be seismic upgrades in some of our classrooms, and new exterior paint.
Office staff will be housed at Sumpter Elementary School and available by phone from June 16th-June 28th on our normal office number (503-399-3198). The office at Wright will re-open on Tuesday, August 29th.
100 MILE CLUB
SUMMER PROGRAMS 2023
For more information, please click on this link:
COMMUNITY BASED SUMMER OPPORTUNITIES
For more information, please click on this link:
WORLD ENVIRONMENT DAY
World Environment Day is commemorated every year on June 5th. The purpose of this day is to raise awareness about the environment and how to protect our planet.
On this day, people are encouraged to do something beneficial for the Earth. They can do it alone or with friends, the important thing is to take action to make our planet a better place.
For more information, click on this link:https://www.calendarr.com/united-states/world-environment-day/
KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION FOR 2023-2024
Students must be five years old on or before September 10
Register online: ParentVUE and StudentVUE
What you need to register:
- Proof of age (birth certificate)
- Proof of residence (utility bill, lease agreement)
- Immunization records
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
SALEM-KEIZER PRESCHOOLS REGISTRATION FOR 2023-2024
SALEM-KEIZER EARLY CHILDHOOD PROGRAMS APPLY NOW FOR 2023-2024
Applications for Head Start, Preschool Promise and Title PreK will be available April 1, 2023
Your child must be 3 or 4 years old on or before September 10, 2023.
1850 45th Avenue NE• Salem, OR 97305
For more information on tuition, fees, times
BREAKFAST AND LUNCH MONTHLY MENU
For the 2022-23 school year, breakfast and lunch will be provided free of charge for all Salem-Keizer students.
Click the link for a monthly breakfast and lunch menu: https://salkeiz.k12.or.us/parents/food-services/
SPEAK TO OUR SCHOOL COUNSELOR
HOW CAN YOU STAY CONNECTED?
Read our newest format of the school Newsletter via email, ParentSquare, on our Facebook page, or on our school website!
Follow us on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/WrightElementaryOfficial
Follow us on Instagram. https://www.instagram.com/wrightelementaryofficial/
Follow us on our school website. https://wright.salkeiz.k12.or.us/
Download the free ParentSquare App on your phone. ParentSquare - Apps on Google Play
Check your email inbox. Update your email in ParentVUE if it's not accurate.