CJHS Connection: Week of 11/15/21
Connecting Parents, Students, Teachers
2 days left of our CHEER fundraiser. Here is the link if any of you would like to support a cheerleader and buy some Central gear https://fancloth.shop/DDJRJ!
We appreciate you,
VETERANS: THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE.
Veterans Day is a big event at Central. Our students and staff are so thankful for our Veterans and their service to our country. We were able to express that appreciation with our band, signs, and letters from our students. Thank you all who came out to participate. Veterans day is special for our Veterans and our Students alike.
Basketball is underway- All Teams are undefeated- 1-0. Central Warriors are prepared for a great season- come out and watch when you have a chance.
The fall concert was a great success! Multiple students had parts and the choir would not be a choir without every student involved- what a great voice of leadership. Their song is harmony! Christmas Band and Choir Concerts are coming! See below for details!
Important Information and Dates
- Picture Re-Takes are November 17th
- Thanksgiving & Christmas Reading Challenge - Students commit to reading- it can be anything they choose, such as a magazine, big book, the paper (likely online), short stories or a small book...just read. Students will be setting goals and sharing about their reading when we return. Please encourage your son/daughter to read now, read later, read.
- Honors College Trip November 17th- Special Thanks to Mr. Fotenopulos, Mrs. Cameron, and Mrs. Greenleaf for organizing!
- Thanksgiving Break November 22nd- 26th
- The School Spelling Bee will take place 11/18/21 during 1st period and Primetime. Please excuse participating students. And a huge shout out to Colleen Sheridan, Cindy Cornelison, Lauren Fryer, and Kailey Greenleaf for volunteering to be a judge/pronouncer!
Important Dates Below
November 16th- All-Region Jazz Auditions @ CJHS
November 17th- Picture Day Retakes
November 17th- Honors College Trip
November 18th- School Spelling Bee
November 22th-26th- Thanksgiving Break
December 10th- Sing-a-Thon Karaoke- All Choirs- CJHS Gym 4:00 pm - 9 pm
December 13th- Winter Band Concert 7:30 HBHS
December 13th-16th: Finals (Monday - Thursday)
December 16th- Holiday Choir Concert (All Choirs) 7 pm @ HBHS
December 17th- 9th Grade Visit to HBHS
December 17th- End of Second Quarter
December 20th - January 3rd- Christmas Break
January 3rd- Teacher In-service
January 4th- School Resumes (Spring Semester)
January 15th- All-Region Concert Auditions @ Lakeside
January 17th- No School MLK Day
February 2-10 Valentine Crushes (FCCLA) Delivered the 11th of Feb.
February 7-11 FCCLA Week
May 10th- Spring Band Concert 7 p.m.
Thank you for the opportunity to serve.
Central: Inspiring. Empowering. Excellence for ALL.
These are the slides that students see each day during Advisory. They are full of important information and dates.
Read Read Read Over Thanksgiving Break!
Central Honors Program
Honors will host -PrimeTime Sessions- in the month of November, and December. We also have a trip planned to the UofA on November 17th. Mr. Fotinopoulos, our District Academic Coach will lead the group- we expect this will be a great learning event for our students.
- Benefits of the Honors Program include ACT/SAT Test Preparation, Join the Honors Program Google Classroom for information and updates, Guest Speakers from local universities.
- Requirements to join the Central Honors Program for students to take at least one advanced class in the 8th grade, and commit to attend ACT/PSAT test preparation, and commit to taking the PSAT and/or ACT as an 8th or 9th grader.
Contact Mrs. Cameron, email@example.com if you would like more information.
2022-23 National Junior Honor Society
JDRF Walk- From the JDRF Southern States Chapter Representative
I cannot begin to tell you how wonderful your students are. I am a mother of two and I would be so proud to call any and all of these students my own. We really could not have been successful in our walk without them. They were energetic, polite, conscientious and responsible. Kudos to all of you for shaping the lives of these fine young men and women. I am utterly and totally impressed!
Calendar of Events: A few things to remember...
IMPORTANT: Central Communication
Please sign up anew to receive the 2021-22 Central Connection
This takes you to Home Access Center (HAC) to check your students grades. We also send out weekly progress reports. Thanks for checking!
Springdale Public Schools will continue practicing preventative measures to ensure the safety of all.
Find your Bus & School Zone (bus information will appear beneath each school); note bus routes are subject to change. Included are: Bus Rules, Bus Safety, Facilities Map, School, & Feeder Pattern
You can add $ to your son/daughters account online- nifty! Menus Meal Prices Free/Reduced Forms Available Online AND MORE!
Likened to a "One Stop Shop" for groups such as: Yearbook, NJHS, Art, Student ID's etc. Check It Out!