Developing a community of leaders for a better world.
Things to know...
- We will NOT be doing class lists this week - placement cards have not arrived from district and we are thinking it will be better to have DRA scores - so we will be moving the meetings to later in the month.
- No Enrichment this Week. We will not have enrichment again until class lists are done and that will be on a different schedule... details to come.
- Start planning now for our awesome Cinco de mayo Pot Luck luncheon on Thursday!
- Christy will be out the next couple of weeks. Please continue to keep her family in your thoughts and prayers.
- DON'T FORGET TO BRING A VASE OR SOMETHING THAT CAN HOLD WATER... (from PTA)
- 3rd, 4th & 5th grades - the lighthouse student team is going to need to meet with the grade level for about 15-30 minutes this week. Please let me know a couple of options for times we could pull the whole grade level (preferably before the lunch time starts or after it ends).
Happy Birthday to...
5th - Amy Johnson
(Don't forget Mother's Day on Sunday!!)
I appreciate people working last week to improve the talking in the MPR. I could tell a difference. Please continue to work on this so it can become a habit for the kids (and teachers)!
- Monday - DRA & EDL window opens today - has been extended to 27th. Please try to have what you can done by the 24th - we will make class lists that week
- Wednesday - 3rd Science Assessment Window Opens
- 9th, 10th, 11th - STAAR testing
- 12th - K-2 LA & Math Benchmark Window Opens
HAPPY TEACHER APPRECIATION WEEK TO THE BEST OF THE BEST!!
- Gap Task Force Meeting - planning for summer PD
- 5th Grade Pace Math Screeners
- This is National Music Week - how about throwing in a Tuesday Tune from your past for the kids!!
- Team Leader Meeting at 3:15
- 3rd, 4th & 5th STAAR Training during your conference time today (for anyone giving the STAAR test next week)
- Progress Reports go home today
- Faculty Meeting - 3:10 - Library
- Pot Luck Cinco de mayo Luncheon
- STAAR Training after school today (for anyone who didn't do it Wednesday)
- 1:50 - Kinder Mother's Day Make-overs (so cute - go by and check it out if you get a chance...)
- I am truly humbled and overwhelmed by the outpouring of love and support from my Reed family this week. Thank you all for your kind words. Thank you to everyone that came to the memorial service and / or my house. Thank you to the office staff for preparing all the food. The support shown to my family is greatly appreciated. - Christy
- A special thank you to Kevin for managing the office Tuesday, Tiffany for covering Kevin's class, Mina for covering SLE, Kathryn & Magen for helping with food items, all those who attended the service or reception, and all those who offered to help in any way. Thank you all so very much. - lisa
- Awesome article shared by Christy Tucker on her FB page . . . Hope it will help us ALL keep going! http://petalsofjoy.org/
- Huge thank you to Mary for being willing to stay every day at Reed and for doing a great job of dealing with all the student counseling needs so that Sofie can get STAAR done! - Lisa
- Shout out to all the support staff that accompanied kindergarten to Sweet Berry Farms. We couldn't have done it without y'all! - kinder team
- Thanks to the front office staff for maintaining a sense of calm - even when the back area is crazy - the illusion continues ;)
- Shout out to Mrs. Greene for how well she handled a student issue from the cafeteria- the patience she showed with the student and the level of accountability - and care were awesome! - Sarah
- Thank you to everyone for all the flexibility with field trips, schedule changes... and especially the SPED team who has gone above and beyond to cover and be flexible!! It is appreciated! - Lisa