CAHS Staff Connection
April 13, 2015
Busy Schedule for this Week! April 13-17
- First Day back from Break
- ***CHECK MAILBOX before 1st hour - Student Letters for M-Step to be distributed 1st hour/3rd hour for GCI students TODAY! ***
- Meetings for M-Step Testing Staff (see e-mail)
Tuesday, April 14th - The Michigan Attorney General's Office will present the Cyber Safety Initiative in the auditorium by grade level. P.A. announcements will be made to dismiss students. Please take attendance prior to leaving class. Staff are expected to attend with grade level courses to provide supervision of students. Please be visible to students and set expectations for excellent behavior.
Cyber Safety Initiative:
- 7:30-8:15 9th grade
- 8:30-9:15 10th grade
- 9:20-10:15 12th grade
- 10:20-11:15 11th grade (middle of 3rd hour into A lunch)
ASA Bullying Prevention Program:
- 1:00 - ASA Extreme Sports - Bullying Prevention Program - Student Parking Lot
- We will be hosting a very unique Bullying Prevention program put on by ASA in conjunction with the United States Marine Corps. There will be a number of ESPN X Games professional athletes demonstrating some of their exceptional skills for the entire student body.
- Classes will be dismissed by P.A. beginning at 12:50 and staff are required to attend the program with their class to provide adult supervision. Classrooms in the 200, 400 and 500 hallways will station themselves on the side nearest to the soccer field. The 100 and 300 classrooms will then fill the side closest to the building.
- Media will be in attendance.
- Forecast is 66 and sunny - but we are in MIchigan! Remind students to bring hoodies or jackets.
Wednesday, April 15th
- Tax Day
- M-Step Science (all day) Class periods 1, 3, 5 run. Lunches are attached to 3rd hour.
- 6:00 NHS Inductions in Auditorium - please join us to welcome new NHS inductees!
Thursday, April 16th
- M-Step Social Studies (all day) Class periods 2, 4, 6 run. Lunches are attached to 4th hour.
- Dual-Enrollment Stakeholder Meeting with Dr. Tunniciliff - location tba
Friday, April 17th
- ABC12 Spirit Cup 5:00 a.m. - 7:00 a.m. (last push for $ donations, and cans/boxed goods)
- Carman-Ainsworth Education Foundation fundraiser at Ruggero's - 5:30-8:30 p.m. Long time Board of Education member, Mrs. Peggy Skaff Anderson, will be recognized.
- AASA Fashion Show in C-A Auditorium at 7:00 p.m.
Testing Never Ends....
STAR Testing - thanks to the Science Department and the English 12 teachers for completing the STAR tests before break!
M-Step Testing - Detailed information was e-mailed out during break. General schedule is below.
11th Grade M-Step Testing
Wednesday, April 15 - M-Step Science (Block A - classes 1, 3, 5 will be held)
Thursday, April 16 - M-Step Social Studies (Block B - classes 2, 4, 6 will be held)
Tuesday, April 21 - M-Step English (Block A - classes 1, 3, 5 will be held)
Thursday, April 23 - M-Step Math (Block B - classes 2, 4, 6 will be held)
Makeup days for M-Step will be:
April 28th - Science and Social Studies
April 29th - ELA
April 30th - Math
*Students must have approval to take the makeup (School-related absence, illness with parent call-in)
Upcoming PLC Meetings for April
Our final PLC meetings are here! PLC Cycle Reviews times will be set by your administrator.
Wednesday, April 15th
- Finish up prep for Reviews and/or PLC Cycle Reviews
Wednesday, April 22nd
- PLC Cycle Reviews
Stakeholder Meeting on Trends in Dual Enrollment
Genesee Valley Rotary Student of the Month Nominations
Math – Congratulation to Students of the Month for March:
Kalin Bayes and Melody Bamford.
Social Studies– April - luncheon is on April 21 (nominations due by April 15th)
Open Nominations - May (12th Graders only) due no later than Friday, May 15th - luncheon is on May 19th.
Nominations are DUE by 15th of each month and the Rotary Student of the Month application is available on Blackboard.
- Expectation is that students complete the work
- Expectation is that content department collect and assign points for work
- Please submit advisory packets as soon as they are ready for printing.
April 13-17 - Math - (WoW + 2 days)
April 20-24 - English
April 27-May 1 - Social Studies
May 4-May 8 - Science
May 11-15 - Math
Mary 18-22 - English
May 25-29 - Social Studies (3 days)
***** 11th Grade will need advisory work prepared for weeks from May 4th through May 25th.****** This will need to be collected in class for credit.
STEM, Dual Enrollment and Other Opportunities for Students
1. UM-Flint - DEEP (13-14 college credits) (Western Genesee Consortium - C-A/Flushing/Swartz Creek)
- Pre-Engineering, Medical Sciences
2. UM-Flint - DEEP (8-12 college credits) (C-A/Davison partnership)
- Environmental Science (some course-work is on-line)
3. Mott Community College (14 college credits)
- ASL (American Sign Language) 1/African American History/College Study Skills
- ASL 2/Forensic Anthropology
Other Opportunities Available:4. Baker College - Photonics/Laser Technology - Still under development.
- FREE 4 credit class in Intro to Photonics for Spring - possibly extracurricular
- Partnerships to provide materials/lessons to science teachers
5. Project Lead the Way - HS Courses/Electives
- PLTW - Engineering Programs
- PLTW - Biomedical Sciences
6. MAT2 - Michigan Advanced Technician Training Program
See counseling office for more information on any of these programs,
Grades and TeacherVUE
End of Marking Period 5 is April 24th!
Evaluations and Student Growth
Student growth information (common assessments or other teacher provided data) will be due no later than April 22 to allow us to finalize evaluations. Remember that this is entered in Teachscape work flow under Year-End Forms and Evidence, then Year-End Artifacts - Teacher.
Other items that you may have submitted into Teachscape throughout the year include:
Goal Setting Forms and Conference -->
- Professional Growth Goals or IDP's
- Teacher Planning form
- Pre-observation questions
- Lesson Plan and Teacher Planning Artifacts
- Teacher Lesson Artifacts
- Teacher Lesson Artifacts (lesson plans for unannounced are submitted here)
- D4 Artifacts - Teacher (can upload domain 4 documents here)
- Year-End Artifacts - Teacher (Student Growth or any other information that you would like your evaluator to review)
- Monday the 13th: Flower Day-look for the passing of flowers all day long. Be kind.
- Tuesday the 14th: Hat Day (See Mr. Pickett for a sticker $1) and XGAMES demo 6th hr.
- Wednesday the 15th: Superhero Day-dress up as your fave hero, or create your own, and sign heroic pledge at lunch!
- Thursday the 16th: Purple out! If you wear an EFA shirt, come visit the lunch table for a treat. Also, come to our MTG. after school for a root beer float and ice breakers! Shirts will be sold at lunch all day. If you go ALL out with purple, stop by the main office for a pic and chance to win a prize!
- Friday the 17th: Summer day! Dress in your finest luau attire. Clothing must be appropriate and follow school dress code. Photo-booth at lunch!