University Center Apts. Newsletter
We Are Glad You Are a Resident Here!
We all love our pool, but please follow the rules as you enjoy your summer dippin'.
MEET YOUR CARING STAFF
Between property managers, leasing agents, maintenance gurus, and a CARES Team, we try our best to make sure you love where you live.
CAMP HOPE FUNDRAISING
Combining our efforts to support wounded warriors and their families.
MEET YOUR CARING STAFF
We love our pool here, but we have to take care of it and ourselves as we have fun splashing around this summer.
Here are some policies and procedures to follow for the pool:
- Pool hours are 10am-10pm. Pool area is off limits after 10pm.
- Residents under age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent.
- Pool is for use of residents and guests only. Limit 2 guests per apartment.
- No swimming during heavy rain, thunder or lightning.
- No diving, running, pushing or horseplay.
- Proper swimwear is required. No cut-offs, thongs or diapers.
- Residents 3 years or younger and not potty trained must wear swim diapers.
- No food, drinks, or wrappers permitted within 10 feet of the swimming pool.
- Please place trash in proper receptacles.
- Please keep gates closed at all times.
- Owner/management is not responsible for accidents or injuries.
- DO NOT SWIM ALONE.
- NO PETS AT THE POOL.
- NO GLASS OR GLASS BOTTLES AT THE POOL.
- NO PARTIES ARE ALLOWED AT THE POOL. IF YOU HAVE A PARTY WITHOUT MANAGEMENT APPROVAL YOU WILL BE SUBJECT TO TRESPASSING.
Management reserves the right to refuse entry or privileges to anyone violating these policies and to close the pool at any time deemed necessary.
Other than all that, have fun and enjoy our resort-style pool and patio! :)
It's Important to Know Who Works for You...
Dawn Turner, Community Manager
Dawn will celebrate her 20th anniversary this September and has two children!
Macy Vangorp, Assistant Community Manager
Macy plays the violin and French Horn, and has three dogs, two guinea pigs, one cat, fish in an 80 gallon fish tank, AND three kids!
Kareena Carter, Leasing Professional
Kareena has only lived in the US for a total of 5.5 years; she's originally from Germany and speaks German and Greek fluently.
Shaunna Rosenlieb, Leasing Professional
Shaunna was a swimmer for 14 years and a lifeguard; she also played the violin.
Dwaine Hudson , Maintenance Supervisor
Dwaine has played the saxophone since 6th grade and was a youth football coach for 10 years!
Alfredo Lima, Maintenance Technician
Alfredo is from Guatemala and enjoys frozen fruit drinks on hot, sunny days!
John Haase, Maintenance Technician
John is from Nevada, a Patriots fan, and enjoys fishing and hunting!
Christiane "Chrissy" Carter, CARES Team
Chrissy loves international cinema and grew up in south Florida.
Joanna MacCutcheon, CARES Team
Joanna, born and raised in Vail, Colorado, used to compete nationally in snowboard racing and she loves candles.
Camp Hope Fundraising
We all love to care about and donate to our favorite foundations. Right now, Greystar management is supporting a PTSD Foundation of America project called Camp Hope.
Camp Hope, located in Houston, TX, provides interim housing for our Wounded Warriors, veterans and their families suffering from combat related Post Traumatic Stress Disorder in a caring and positive environment. In addition to temporary housing, Camp Hope offers a 90+ day PTSD recovery program in which residents: attend group lessons and support sessions with other combat veterans; conduct individual mentoring sessions with certified combat trauma mentors; participate in off-site small group interaction activities (fishing, hiking, local activities and events); and get involved with local churches, businesses and volunteer organizations to assist in their personal healing and educating the community on the invisible wounds of war.
Greystar team members in Houston initially began working with the PTSD Foundation of America in February, 2011, and the partnership has grown tremendously over the last three years. Greystar was instrumental in the development and construction of a new 5 acre campus for Camp Hope. Greystar has also hired veterans who have gone through the program at Camp Hope who are now excellent members of their team.
We will be offering many ways for you to contribute including raffles at CARES community events, donation buckets in the office, participating in a fundraiser in August, etc. Be on the lookout for more information and don't worry. We are still supporting St. Jude's, but focusing on Camp Hope for the summer.
Other Random Things to Remember
- Rent is due the 1st of the month. You may pay by check or money order. Please drop off your payment at the office during office hours. Our drop box is no longer available. You may pay online at www.rentpayment.com. You will need to set up user name and password. There is a $24.95 service fee to use this option.
- You can drop off your dry cleaning in the leasing office any day of the week and pick up on Tuesdays and Fridays.
- Delivery companies are responsible for delivering packages to your door. If you are not home they are permitted to deliver them at our office and leave a note on your door. The office is not responsible for your packages.
- Valet Waste picks up trash Sunday through Thursday at 8pm. You may place your receptacle outside your door at 6pm and bring it in at 8:30pm.