Solar Energy: All things Solar
By Bryton & Nastassjia
Pros and Cons
- Solar Energy provides a tremendous amount of energy without pollution, or global Warming.
- Solar Energy gives clean energy source without contamination.
- Available anywhere there's sunlight.
- Reduces the amount we use on fossil fuels.
- It's costly to install panels into your home.
- The pollution in the area can cause problems with the energy cells.
Insight On Solar Energy
- Solar Energy is powered by the sun.
- Can be converted into other types of energy such as Thermal
- Photovoltaic (PV) that is used to heat homes, pools and other buildings by panels.
- The suns hydrogen atoms combines with the helium atoms that generates energy (Nuclear fusion).
- Solar Energy is mostly used for Heat, electricity, and lighting.
- Solar Energy is renewable, it will continue to be renewable until there is no sun.
- Scientists believe the sun will exist for another 6 billion years and having solar energy is much better than releasing harmful toxins into the atmosphere.
Reasons why you should use Solar Energy
- Solar energy poses no potential threat to the environment.
- Even though the panels are costly they do not break easily.
- The sun provides enough energy each hour to supply the nations need for energy for one year.
- It is NOT true that the Panels provide energy only in the day. During the morning and afternoon, the panels provide you with more electricity than you're using now.
- There is a three day storage that keeps power for when the suns not out.
Conserve Energy Future, ed. “Solar Energy Pros and Cons.” conserve-energy-future.com. CFF Conserve Energy Future, n.d. Web. 6 May 2015. <http://www.conserve-energy-future.com/pros-and-cons-of-solar-energy.php>.
EDF, ed. “HomeEnergy FutureSolarHow electricity is generated through solar power How electricity is generated through solar power.” www.edfenergy.com. edf Energy, n.d. Web. 6 May 2015. <https://www.edfenergy.com/energyfuture/solar-generation>.
Nobel Prize, ed. “Nobelprize.org.” Henri Becquerel - Biographical. The Official Web Site of the Nobel Prize, 6 May 2015. Web. 6 May 2015. <http://www.nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/physics/laureates/1903/becquerel-bio.html>.
SEPCO. “13 Great Reasons to Use Solar Power and Solar Lighting.” http://www.sepco-solarlighting.com. Solar Electric Power Company, 13 July 2011. Web. 6 May 2015. <http://www.sepco-solarlighting.com/blog/bid/77290/13-Great-Reasons-to-Use-Solar-Power-and-Solar-Lighting>.
“Solar Panel Brief History And Overview.” Energy Matters. A SunEdison company, 2005-2013. Web. 6 May 2015. <http://www.energymatters.com.au/panels-modules/>.