News from the Nest
February 6, 2023
We need YOUR help!
Please sign up for items needed to make our Community Service Day GREAT!
Wednesday, March 15 is our Community Service Day (half day) for staff and students. This is our second Family Day of the year where students will have the opportunity to interact with their UA student family groups. They will be learning about and engaged in FOUR different hands-on community service projects.
We need a lot of help to make this a success for all of our students. This day is very important as it is a BIG part of our 3 C's.
Reminders (please check the UA calendar for a list of ALL events)
- February 6: College Admissions Panel Night 6pm
- February 8: Blood Drive
- February 10-11: Senior Theatre Showcase Clue
- February 13: Spring Sports begin (check the team webpage)
- February 15: Coffee with the Head of School 7:30am (RSVP)
- February 16: March lunch orders due (early due to Winter Break)
- March 1: Late Start Wednesday
- March 2: UA Board Meeting 6:30 in the MPR
- March 10: Lottery application closes at 10am
- March 11: Janna's PROMise (free event for HS)
- March 15: Community Service Day (1/2 day)
- March 31: Mother/Son Outing at Charlotte Knights (more info coming soon)
- April 1: Janna's PROMise (free event for HS)
- April 3-6: K-4 Grandparents Week (Save the Date)
- April 22: Junior/Senior Prom
- April 29: Daddy/Daughter Dance 6pm-9pm (tickets in MPP March 6)
2023 Wednesday Late Start Dates:
March 1, April 5, May 3
- After School: Deadline Thursday of each week
- Lunch: Deadline is the 22nd of each month unless otherwise noted
- Reserve the Rock: Call the front office
- Order your YEARBOOK.
Golf Camp: June 5-7 (registration opens in MPP April 1)
Camp Invention: June 12-16 Register
Musical Theatre Camp: June 5-16 (registration opens January 30)
Cheer Camp: June 21-23 (registration coming soon)
Spring sports can begin February 13. Check the individual team pages for specific workout/tryout info.
MyPaymentsPlus Fun Facts
MyPaymentsPlus makes it easy for parents to check their account history. Once parents pay for a field trip on MPP, the item falls OFF the dashboard. If a field trip is coming up and they cannot find the registration item under "Events & Activities'', they need to check their MPP account to see if they have already registered. For assistance, please click here.
In addition, once parents put a deposit down on an overnight trip or partially pay for a field trip, the trip item will fall OFF of their "Events & Activities" dashboard and their remaining balance & due dates will show up under "Fees."
We encourage you to use the MPP dashboard to check your activity.
Board Member Search
Union Academy is conducting its annual search for new board members. This is an important leadership role for our school community. We are searching for candidates with a passion for the mission of a school, previous experience serving on or reporting to a Board for a non-profit or governmental agency with demonstrated ability to work as part of a leadership team and serving in a leadership role.
Are you interested? Is there someone you would recommend to help lead our school for the next several years?
The application is available on our website. Deadline to apply is noon on February 28, 2023.
Bus Drivers Needed
We love field trips and our students love to learn more about the world around them...BUT...without BUS DRIVERS these trips may not continue to happen. The class is FREE and UA pays for the license. The dates for upcoming bus classes are listed below. You must register 10 days before the class begins. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get signed up and be a HERO to our students.
2023 Virtual Class Dates:
Health Room Reminders
Please keep your child home if they are sick or have ANY symptoms of Covid-19 (congestion, headache, sore throat, cough). Please see the Health Services webpage for more info.
Contact the nurses if your child or anyone in the home tests positive for Covid or if your child has been exposed/in close contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid.
Remind your child to practice physical distancing and wash their hands.