May 16, 2016
Quote of the Week
"Ends are not bad things, they just mean that something else is about to begin. And there are many things that don't really end, anyway, they just begin again in a new way. Ends are not bad and many ends aren't really an ending; some things are never-ending." ~ C. JoyBell C.
BOYB - Brag On Your Buddy
Stephanie Cahill is being bragged upon by Danielle who shared how in awe of Stephanie's hard work and her natural ability to create an incredible learning environment. Stephanie takes any challenge in stride. She is truly a role model to her peers with her positivity. Wow - Stephanie Cahill is truly a master teacher.
by Danielle Stilts
Thank you….Highcroft Ridge for allowing me to share my love for Jimmy Fallon and educational technology. I hope at least one tip has been useful or at least brought you a much-deserved laugh.
On July 25th, Google Academy will be held at Central High for 0.5 credit. It is set up like a mini-conference, so when you arrive you choose the sessions that most interest you. There will also be the Preparing for the Elementary Refresh Chromebook courses June 7 or July 18 for 0.5 credit. You can sign up for the fun in PEERS if this sounds like something you might enjoy.
Until next year…...thank you again!
Monday, May 16
- Progress Reports Due - Start of Day
- 5th Grade End of Year Fun Day - Playground/Soccer Field - 9:30 am - 3:45 pm
- Swanger - Sue Clark - AM
- Schoo - No Sub - All Day
Tuesday, May 17
- Excellence Character Assembly - Gym - 10:00 am - 11:00 am
- Family Group and Hot Dog Lunch - 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Staff End of Year Retirement Party - 4:30 pm - 6:30 pm
- PSO Meeting - TOL - 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Wednesday, May 18
- Egg Drop - Gym - During Specials
- Galanti - Marcia Kampelman - PM
Thursday, May 19
- 5th Grade Send Off - MPR - 10:00 am - 11:00 am
- ROSE Ceremony - 11:00 am - 11:30 am
- Last Day of School - Half Day - Sack Lunch
Friday, May 20
- Last Day for Teachers
- Staff End of Year Breakfast
Kagan Training - Bring Book & Items from Last Year (if you went) - May 25th & 26th - 8:00 am - 3:00 pm
Social Justice Training - June 1st and 2nd - Highcroft Ridge - 8:30 am - 3:30 pm
Social Justice Training - July 20th and 21st - Highcroft Ridge - 8:30 am - 3:30 pm