October 2nd, 2020
Office Hours: 8:00a-5:00p
School Phone: 816-359-4360
Technology Support: 816-359-5000
Principal: Terri Deayon
Assistant Principal: Sarah Sieminski
Counselor: Mandy Frayer
Social Worker: Ellie Logan
Nurse: Cassie Grantham
Talking about suicide does not plant the idea in someone's head. Honest and direct
dialogue can open communication and relieve stress for those suffering in silence.
- Know the warning signs and risk factors of suicide.
- Ask, "Do you ever feel so bad you have thoughts of suicide or self-harm?"
- Emphasize the importance of speaking up and seeking help.
- Have your kids think of three trusted adults they can go to for support. This is the number one protective factor for youth.
For more resources on how to talk to your children about suicide and mental
wellness, visit EncourageHopeandHelp.com.
Join TriCounty Mental Health Services on November 10th, 2020 from 6-7p for a Zoom Parent Night using this SignUp.
Family Pandemic Plan Feedback Survey
Southeast School Counseling Survey
Please use the link below to complete a survey about Southeast’s Comprehensive School Counseling Program. This survey will help us determine the best ways to meet your student’s needs and help us strengthen our program. I greatly appreciate and value the input of our families, so please don’t hesitate to contact me with questions or concerns.
We want to make sure students who are online and in-person can celebrate, so online learers will be able to pick-up the supplies needed for the fall craft. Use this Online Family Fall Party Supply Pick-Up to sign-up for a time
UPDATED October Curriculum Connections
Check out the linked Curriculum Connections below to see what Park Hill students are learning! We want to share the learning topics at all of the grade levels so that you can ask your child about their learning this month. Your child's teacher is always happy to provide more details should you have questions!
What kind of masks should students and staff wear?
- The CDC recommends wearing cloth face coverings and has helpful information about masks, how to wear them, how to clean them, how to make them and considerations for wearing them. Here is the information about masks on the CDC website.
Flu Shot Information
- The Platte County Health Department is offering flu shots for all middle and high school students at Congress Middle School gym from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. on October 21. Please fill out this form, attach a copy of your insurance card and return to your child's school nurse by October 7.
- If your child is unable to get their shot on October 21, the Platte County Health Department is offering drive-thru clinics at the Riverside fire department on October 8, from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m., and Platte City Middle School on October 12, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- On Tuesday October 6th from 6-8 pm the Park Hill PTA Clothing Center is partnering with Ian’s Rainbow Flu Foundation (www.iansrainbow.org) to provide a flu vaccine clinic. It will be a drive thru clinic that will take place at the south parking lot of Gerner (adjacent to the clothing center). No signups are necessary, it will be first come first served. In addition the clothing center will be opened from 5-8pm that night. Shopping sign-ups are available here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/508084fa4a72ba0fa7-ptapark
PH Online Resources
For our Park Hill Online students and their families, we have developed some resources to help with navigating the online experience, including all the online learning tools.
- Check out the Parent University webpages our educators put together, with tips and resources for families. Using the feedback we hear, we will regularly add new information to support families as they help their students connect to technology, guide social-emotional learning, and navigate online learning.
- Also, feel free to call for Park Hill Online support at 816-359-4044 during office hours. You will be able to get answers about our learning platforms, online assessments, and finding resources when you need them.
Have you joined PTA? Join PTA NOW!
2020-2021 PTA Board and Positions
President – Beri Edwards
VP of Communications – Stacy Mudd
VP of Membership – Daryl Terwilleger
VP of Fundraising – Julie Sola
Treasurer – Dan McCabe
Recording Secretary – Jenn Anthony
Family Events Coordinator – Emily Farrow
Staff Appreciation Coordinator – Erin Rau
Classroom Events Coordinator – Jessi Corriston
Teacher Liaison – Sue Ann Andrade
Click to sign-up for a FREE FOOD Voucher. Kits are available for pick-up each Wednesday from 11:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. at the Support Services Center.
Click to see how we have used the 5 Pillars of Prevention to make plans to keep people at Southeast safe.
Do you know a Park Hill Star?
The Park Hill Star recognition program was started in 2015 to celebrate support staff and teachers whose work is especially noteworthy.
The following is an overview of the Park Hill Star Program:
Our employees are the reason we are so successful here in the Park Hill School District, and we would like to recognize them for all they do for our students. That is why we present the Park Hill Star award once a month to a pre-K or elementary teacher, a secondary teacher and a support employee.
You will find several ways to stay up to date on school activities on the Southeast website , Facebook, and newsletters from your child’s teacher. You will also occasionally get an automated email or voicemail message sent to you, by the school, with important information and reminders. We know two-way communication is best, so please feel free to call or email with any questions you may have regarding your child’s education.