September 2022 Newsletter
Jeanne Krapfl, Principal and Erika Tonello, Assistant Principal
Cypress Phone: 727-774-4500 Cypress Fax: 727-774-4591
Cypress Webpage: ces.pasco.k12.fl.us, Cypress Facebook: @ProudtobeaCub
Message from Jeanne Krapfl
Hello Cypress Families! Thank you for an amazing start to the year as we work to make Cypress the best school in Pasco County! This month’s principal news is all about the Car Loop. I know nobody likes sitting and waiting in the hot Florida heat (not parents, not students, and not staff) so I’m going to share some tips to expedite our car loop and decrease the amount of time everyone must sit and wait 😊
- No car tag, no child! We must keep kids safe first and foremost. We have new staff members that do not know you, including myself. If you need additional car tags for other adults picking up then please call the office to ask for tags and we will be sure to send them home with your child. If you forget your tag, then our tag caller knows to send you to spot 0 at the front of the loop where a staff member will ask for your I.D. and call the office to verify you are allowed to pick up.
- Mr. Ledbetter will be calling out your tags, but he will not be telling the car which number. We ask that no matter what, you just keep pulling your car all the way forward. Your children will keep moving forward and get in the car where you stop. When you stop too soon this is a loss of space where additional cars could have come to the loop.
- There is no passing in the car loop. We have such a narrow space to navigate our loop and when cars are passing to just pull back in, cars pulling out are not expecting this. This is not safe, stay in line and move up when the car in front of you moves up.
- Cell phone usage should stop when you arrive at the Marquee area. We see many parents on phones and again we are working hard to keep your children safe, and we need your help with this.
- Children will be loaded from the car loop side, if your car seat is on the street side, we ask that you change it or allow your child to squeeze through to get to their seat. Adults stay in the car, when you get out this is stopping the whole flow of the loop. If your 5-year-old does not know how to buckle/unbuckle, then please work with them at home to learn how to do this or you may pull up to spot number 0 to buckle before pulling away.
We appreciate your support as we try to lessen the time in the loop and get everyone out safely and quickly.
Click here to view specific grade level parent information for our English/Language Arts Curriculum.
Lost and Found
Welcome Back to School and to Cypress PTO!!
Join us for our next PTO Meeting on Tuesday, September 20, 2022 after school
Unable to attend in person? Don’t worry!
A zoom link is available, please email CypressCubsPTO@gmail.com for the link.
Haven’t joined the PTO for 2022-2023? It’s never too late and there are no requirements once signed up! You can be as involved as you would like! Join through Rycor at any time!
Popcorn Days are back!! (You can purchase your Popcorn Pass on Rycor)
Fall Popcorn Dates:
August 19 Primary Popcorn
August 26 Intermediate Popcorn
September 9 Primary Popcorn
September 23 Intermediate Popcorn
October 7 Primary Popcorn
October 21 Intermediate Popcorn
We will see you at Open House!!
Cypress Business and Community Partners
We would like to thank the following members of our Cypress Community for partnering with us. Through donations from the community; our students, staff, and families benefit from necessary resources for a successful school year!
Mamma Mia Pizzeria, New Port Richey
Sam's New York Pizza