AT A GLANCE
They are in charge of running travel businesses
Frequently interact with clients
Responsible for outcomes
SALARY AND EDUCATION PATH
In Wisconsin the typical salaries range from $43,600 to $166,400+ per year.
National - the typical salaries range from $46,890 to $166,400+ per year.
If you want to become a travel agent it is advised that you take participation in a Tech Prep program in high school for experience. In college you must have a Hospitality Administration/Management degree or a Travel Services Management degree.
WHERE WOULD YOU WORK AND HOW MANY HOURS
WORKING WITH YOUR HANDS? QUALITIES?
To become a travel agent, you will need:
- excellent customer service skills
- good organisation skills
- strong communication skills and a good telephone manner
- the ability to cope with pressure at busy times
- sales skills, both face to face and over the telephone
- IT skills
- an interest in travel
- a knowledge of geography
- the ability to work well as a member of a team.