No-Bake Honey Nut Cheerios Snack Bars
1/4 cup creamy unsalted butter (half of one stick)
1/4 cup honey (light-colored corn syrup may be substituted and will keep the bars firmer at room temp than using honey)
1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3 cups Honey Nut Cheerios (or similar storebrand cereal; plain Cheerios may be substituted for a less sweet bar)
1 cup raisins, optional (1 cup honey-roasted peanuts, 1 cup chopped almonds, or 1 cup trail mix may be substituted)
about 1/2 cup chocolate-covered sunflower seeds, optional (I used Trader Joe's)
pinch sea salt or Kosher salt for sprinkling, optional
- Line an 8-inch square pan with aluminum foil leaving overhang, spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine butter, honey, brown sugar, and heat on high power for 1 minute to melt.
- Stop to stir. Mixture will be on the granular side, this is okay.
- Return bowl to microwave and heat for 1 more minute on high power. Stop to stir
- Return bowl to microwave and heat for 1 more minute on high power. Stop to stir. On this third and final burst, mixture will become quite bubbly and foamy; use caution when removing from micro because this is boiling hot caramel and can cause burns.
- Stir in the vanilla using caution because mixture could bubble up.
- Stir in the cereal.
- Stir in the optional raisins (or nuts).
- Turn mixture out into prepared pan, packing it down firmly with a spatula and smoothing the top.
- Optionally, sprinkle evenly with sunflower seeds and salt (the salt cuts some of the sweetness and I recommend it).
- Cover pan with a sheet of foil (to prevent fridge smells), and place pan in fridge to set up for at least 2 to 3 hours, or overnight, or until bars are completely set before lifting out with foil overhang, slicing, and serving.
- Bars will keep airtight in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks, or in the freezer for up to 6 months. I recommend storing them in the fridge rather than room temp because they soften and get loose.
Baked Parmesan Zucchini Fries
- 4 zucchini, quartered lengthwise
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a cooling rack with nonstick spray and place on a baking sheet; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine Parmesan, thyme, oregano, basil, garlic powder, salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place zucchini onto prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with Parmesan mixture. Place into oven and bake until tender, about 15 minutes. Then broil for 2-3 minutes, or until crisp and golden brown.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.
* 2 cups rolled oats
* 1/2 cup sultanas
* 1/3 cup cranberries
* 1 tsp marmalade or orange peel (optional)
* 1/2 cup apple sauce
Throw it all into a bowl and mix well.
Roll into small balls
Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown (180C or 356F)
16 oz Non fat plain Greek Yogurt (I use Voskos)
3 Tablespoons of honey
1 Teaspoon of vanilla extract
4 oz Blueberries
4 oz Raspberries
Mix the Greek yogurt, honey & vanilla extract until well blended.
Add half of the mixture to the ice pop molds. Add a few whole berries in each mold and push to the bottom of the mold with a toothpick. Freeze the pops for about 15 minutes just to harden them up a bit.
Meanwhile, in a blender puree the remaining of the Greek yogurt and the berries. Add the mix to the ice pop molds and freeze at least 3 – 4 hours. Enjoy!
Breakfast Toast Cups
- 6 slices- Bread of your choice
- Large handful of spinach
- ¼ cup cheese
- 6 Eggs
- 6 Slices of Bacon, cooked
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons of butter OR butter cooking spray
- Preheat your oven to 375° F. Lightly butter/ spray 6 cups of a muffin tin.
- Roll out your slices of bread with a rolling pin to make them rather thin.
- Cut out a ~4-5 inch circle from the corner of each piece of bread. Save the scraps of bread as you'll need them to fill in a few holes in your toast cups.
- Cut the circles in half and lightly butter/ spray each piece.
- Place a small scrap of bread in each muffin tin to cover about ⅔ of the bottom
- Place 2 circle halves of bread into each cup and position them so that there are minimal holes
- Next, load in your remaining ingredients with the egg going in last. I put 3-4 leaves of spinach at the very bottom with a layer of cheese on top of that
- Position the bacon where you want it and crack one egg over each muffin tin
- Bake in the oven until the egg whites have set and are thoroughly white, roughly 15 minutes
- Once out of the oven, sprinkle with a bit of salt and pepper. Serve immediately and ENJOY!
Peanut Butter Banana Quesadilla
- 1 8-inch whole wheat tortilla
- 2 Tbsp natural peanut butter
- ½ medium banana
- 1 Tbsp semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Spread the peanut butter over the surface of the tortilla.
- Slice the banana very thinly and then arrange the slices over half of the tortilla. Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the banana slices and then fold the tortilla in half.
- Cook the quesadilla in a skillet over medium-low heat until golden brown and crispy on both sides.
French Bread Pizzas
- 6 whole Deli Rolls Or Crusty Italian Rolls
- Jarred Marinara Sauce Or Pizza Sauce
- Jarred Or Refrigerated Pesto
- 2 pounds Mozzarella Cheese, Grated
- Grated Parmesan Cheese To Taste
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 whole Onion, Sliced
- 1/2 pound Sausage (regular Breakfast Sausage Or Italian Sausage)
- Pepperoni Slices
- Canadian Bacon Slices
- Pineapple Chunks, Fresh Or Canned
- Roman Tomatoes, Sliced
- Sliced Black Olives
- Optional Ingredients: Goat Cheese, Sliced Bell Peppers, Various Cheeses, Pepperonis, Jalapeno Slices, Diced Red Onion, Any Other Pizza Topping You'd Like!
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Slice rolls in half and lay them, cut side up, on a large baking sheet.
Top each half with a generous portion of either marinara or pesto. Next, top with a generous amount of grated mozzarella and Parmesan, if you'd like.
Add whatever toppings you'd like on top of the cheese!
Once all assembled, put the pan in the oven on the lowest rack for 8 to 10 minutes. Crank up the heat to 425 and put it on the highest rack until the cheese starts to bubble a bit and turn golden.
Remove and serve immediately! You can cut the pizzas in half right across the middle so there are mini-French Bread Pizzas for everyone
Baked Spaghetti Squash
1/2 pound ground turkey or chicken (optional)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 large spaghetti squash
1 egg 2 cups good sauce (we use Roa’s)
1 cup part skim ricotta cheese
1 1/2 cups part skim shredded mozzarella cheese
1 teaspoon fresh oregano
5 fresh basil leaves, torn salt & fresh ground pepper
4 10 oz ramekins
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Poke the spaghetti squash 10 times and microwave for 10 to 12 minutes stopping every 3 to 4 minutes to turn. You’ll know it’s done when the skin starts to buckle. Remove and split open. While it’s cooling off heat a non-stick pan over medium high heat for 3 or 4 minutes. Add oil to the pan and blot the turkey meat dry before adding to the pan. Space the meat out in the pan and cook until it is just brown on both sides. As long as it is browned, it can be a little under cooked. It will cook the rest of the way in the oven. Set aside and begin scraping out your squash with a fork. Transfer scraped squash into a colander and let drain while you are prepping the rest of the ingredients. In a large bowl, mix together sauce, ricotta, egg, 1 cup of cheese, oregano, basil and salt & pepper to taste. Mix in the drained spaghetti squash until it’s all well combined. Place one scoop of squash mixture in each ramekin covering the bottom. Layer browned meat on top of squash mixture and then place another scoop of squash on top of the meat. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top of each and place on a cookie sheet. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly and squash looks set. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes before serving
Easy Jell-O Popsicles
- 1 (3oz) package Jell-O
- 1 packet of Kool-Aid
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cup boiling water
- 2 cup cold water
- In a pitcher, combine the Jell-O, Kool-Aid, sugar, and boiling water. Stir until dissolved.
- Mix in the cold water and pour into your molds. Freeze for 4-6 hours or until solid
3/4 cup nonfat milk
1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
1/3 cup blueberries
1 teaspoon packed light brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
1/8 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3 drops pure almond extract
1 tablespoon toasted sliced almonds
2 teaspoons honey or agave nectar
The night before, combine the milk, oats, blueberries, brown sugar, lemon zest, vanilla, almond extract and a pinch of salt in a glass pint jar or other container with a lid. Secure the lid and shake. Refrigerate at least 6 hours up to overnight. In the morning, top with the almonds and drizzle with honey.