May 7, 2023
¿Necesita traducción? | Precisa de tradução?
¿Necesita traducción? Desde una computadora o portátil, haga clic en "Translate" (Traducir) en el cuadro negro. Desde un teléfono celular o tableta, haga clic en el icono de Accesibilidad en la parte inferior de la pantalla y después haga clic en "Translate" (Traducir).
Precisa de tradução? No computador/laptop clique em "Translate" (Traduzir) na caixa preta. No celular/tablete clique no ícone Accessibilidade na parte inferior da tela e clique em 'Translate' (Traduzir).
Need translation? On a computer/laptop, click "Translate" in the black box. On a mobile phone/tablet click the Accessibility Icon at the bottom of your phone screen and then click 'translate'.
As reported during Dr. Tremblay & Mayor Sisitsky's press conference, there will NOT be a strike tomorrow. Busses will roll! Thank you to everyone for their hard work!
Congratulations to all of our amazing King artists!
Dates to Know
- May 9: Gr. 4 Math MCAS
- May 10: Gr. 3 Math MCAS
- May 10: Virtual School Council & PTO
- May 11: Early Release: Parent Conferences
- May 12: Gr. 3 Math MCAS
- May 16: Gr. 5 Science MCAS
- May 17: Gr. 5 Science MCAS
- May 18: Early Release
- May 25: Early Release: Parent Conferences\
- May 29: Memorial Day: No School
Picture Day Correction
Spring Conferences Happening Now!
From Mr. O' Brien
We now have a digital library card registration form that parents/guardians can fill out for their students that makes registration easier than ever! (Students must be over 12 years old to fill them out themselves.)
While digital registrations are preferred, we also have paper copies in English, Spanish, and Portuguese, available at the school library. The deadline for having the digital form filled out and the paper copy returned is MAY 15.
How can families partner with King during MCAS?
- Please support your child in getting a good night's rest
- Please have your child eat a good breakfast in the morning; reminder breakfast is available and free of charge to all students at King
- Help your child to arrive to school on time; we will be sure to support students in cases of late busses
- Please encourage your child to listen to the directions, read carefully, double check their work, take their time and "do their best"
If your child is in grades K-2:
- Please remind your child to do their best to be quiet in the hallways as some of their older friends are testing.
Thank you all for your support of our students!
Character Trait of the Month: Compassion
Social Emotional Behavioral Community Building
Check Out This Resource From Our School Social Workers - Updated for April
From Your Specialists!
Hi Families! This year, our specialist team wants you to be able to take a look inside our classrooms. This is the first of many "Specialists Corner" for you to see the fun activities we're doing, and communicate any upcoming events or activities!
Here is the next edition of "Specialists Corner!" https://www.smore.com/7df95
Information from PTO
*Our May Community PTO meeting will be held this Wednesday night, May 10, via Zoom at 7pm. Planned topics include the Family Fun Multicultural Day. We will also hold the election for the Executive Board positions that are open for the 2023/24 school year. Hope to see you there!
King PTO is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: May Community PTO meeting
Time: May 10, 2023 06:45 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 865 7953 5219
One tap mobile
+13126266799,,86579535219# US (Chicago)
Dial by your location
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 646 931 3860 US
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
Meeting ID: 865 7953 5219
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/ksEUS7hPG
*This week is Teacher Appreciation Week! The PTO will be providing lots of snacks, treats, and lunch! Please thank a teacher this week for all of their hard work and dedication to the King Community! Please also note, Nurse's Appreciation Day is Friday May 12.
Community Vibes Framingham presents Juneteenth Fest: Sign Up Below!
Meet the King Staff!
Allergy Friendly Classrooms
- We ask that snacks (that are often eaten in the classroom) do not include nuts or nut butters. All classroom spaces at King this year will be allergy friendly rooms. Students are, however, allowed to have nuts and nut butters as part of their lunches in the cafeteria.
- In the cafeteria each classroom has 2 tables. One is labeled allergy friendly. We ask that any students that have nut or nut butter allergies sit at these tables; we ask that any students who have nut or nut butters as part of their lunch sit at the other tables.
- Students have been introduced to this in the cafeteria already, and will be reminded by their classroom teachers again.
Tour the school with ROARY!
Important Information SMORE
Doors open: 8:50am
Breakfast: 8:50am - 9:05am
School begins: 9:05am
School dismissal: 3:20pm
*Early release dismissal: 12:55pm (lunch is served)
*Half day dismissal: 12:20pm (lunch is not served)
Attendance Line: 508-782-7201