By: Nino Teruya
Green Revolution was a series of research, technology and development in the 1940's, that increased agricultural production around the world. It was developed by a person called Norman Borlaug. The original thought was to create a better bio technology foundation, in order to creat higher yield produce. The Rockefeller and other organizations are founding it because of its high success in countries like India and Mexico.
The Green Revolution Was A Breakthrough In Agricultural Innovation
Advantages in the Green Revolution
- Farmers can grow cash crops for a profit.
- They can now grow crops where they want to.
- It requires less human labor and can produce more crops and produce.
- Bio engineer plants to resist pests and herbicides.
- Better Management and high yield grains.
- More plants can be grown without having to fallow.