Worcester Weekly Happenings
November 30th - December 6th
November 30th - December 6th
- Melody Chimes after school, 3:30pm-4:30pm
- Science Explorers, 3:40pm-4:40pm
Tuesday 12/1 -
- Home and School Meeting, 9:30am. All are welcome!
- Holiday Workshop (Markle, Solecki, Kenworthy, Macy & Park)
- Environmental Club
- Tuesday, December 1st – Afterschool Sports 3:30-5:00 PM (volleyball begins)
Wednesday 12/2 -
- Holiday Workshop (Adelman-AM, Shanaman, Bullock, Giorgi & Case)
- Environmental Club
Thursday 12/3 -
- Holiday Workshop (Dectis, S. Cohen, K. Cohen, Adelman-PM, Stile & Scandle)
- Thursday, December 3rd – Afterschool Sports 3:30-5:00 PM (volleyball)
Friday 12/4 -
- Holiday Workshop (Wagner)
The holiday workshop will be taking place this week! Classes will be shopping at the workshop from Tuesday Dec 1 - Friday Dec 4th. Forgot when your child is shopping? See the schedule below. Lost the permission to shop form? Click here for another copy. Need another shopping envelope? Extras will be available in the main office, OR you can use any envelope, just be sure to be as descriptive as possible in terms of the shopping list, and be sure to indicate whether or not your child has permission to shop for themselves. Here are a few tips to make your child's shopping experience go smoothly:
- Go over their list with them and discuss with them some good ideas for each person on their list.
- Be sure to include as much helpful information as possible on the shopping envelope -- siblings ages, likes and dislikes, specific requests (i.e. "no jewelry", or "likes sports", etc). This will help the volunteer shopping assistants that will be helping your child.
- Indicate the maximum amount to be spent (can be per recipient, or maximum to be spent overall) on the shopping envelope, include money or check and then seal the envelope to send in with your child. Remember the permission to shop form does not go in the shopping envelope -- it should be sent in separately.
- If you are paying by check, make the check out to Worcester Home & School and leave the amount blank. WE CANNOT GIVE CHANGE ON A CHECK! Simply write the maximum amount they can spend in the memo section of the check (or on the shopping envelope) and we will fill in the exact amount on the check when we ring up your child's items. We will send back a receipt with the exact amount circled for your check-keeping records.
ATTENTION HOLIDAY WORKSHOP VOLUNTEERS
You should have received an email from Volunteer Spot inviting you to view the time slots that you are scheduled. If you do not know when you are scheduled please contact Rena Bordonaro ASAP! (Renabordonaro@hotmail.com)
STUNDENT COUNCIL NEWS
Student Council would like to thank everyone who helped the less fortunate this Thanksgiving! We had a successful non-perishable collection last week and were able to donate quite a bit to the Norristown Hospitality Center. We appreciate your kindness, support and generosity at this time of year.
WINTER CONCERT PARTICIPANTS
The Worcester winter concert is Monday, December 7 at 7 p.m. 3rd and 4th grade chimes, 4th grade Band, 4th grade chorus, and 3rd and 4th grade orchestra students will be participating. Students will need their instruments, music, and folder at school on Monday, December 7 and should wear nice school clothes for the school performance. The evening performance begins at 7 p.m. Students should arrive at 6:30 and wear nice, dressy clothes for the evening performance.
MELODY CHIMES CHOIR
At this week’s Melody Chimes and Chorus rehearsals we will be putting the finishing touches on our music for the concert next Monday evening.
Reminder for Chorus – please try to be here a few minutes before 8:00 so you don’t miss the beginning of the rehearsal.
LOW COST INTERNET ACCESS
Comcast Offers Low Cost Internet Access to Families in Need
Click on the following link for more information: http://www.methacton.org//site/default.aspx?PageID=6504
The spirit wear company, Lower Left Corner, will be at Parent-Teacher conferences providing a variety of different Worcester Spirit Wear. We will be selling tee shirts, sweatshirts, blankets and more! All items will be printed on the spot and ready to take home with you that night. Cash, check or major credit cards accepted.
Look for order forms coming home soon!
RECYCLING NEWS...KEEPING OUR EARTH CLEAN & GREEN
Cleaner Packaging Brigade accepted waste:
1. Pumps and caps
4. Flexible cleaner product packaging
Check out the acceptable waste poster at https://www.terracycle.com/ Please note...this brigade only accepts the caps and triggers on cleaning products like laundry detergent, dish detergent, triggers on spray bottle cleaners, and the flexible refill pouches. The bottle part of the cleaners should be recycled through your home recycling companies.
SOLO CUP BRIGADE
As the holidays approach and you entertain, let us help you recycle any plastic cup with a #6. Please rinse the cups before sending them to school.
JUICE POUCH BRIGADE
This brigade may be closing...send in your Juice Pouches by December 18th. Help us reach our goal of 60 pounds.
VOLUNTEERING AT WORCESTER
If you plan to volunteer in school, please make sure your clearances are up to date. Click here to access the volunteer clearance information located on the District's webpage.
Monday 12/7 - Winter Concert, 7:00pm
Thursday 12/24 - January 1/4/16 - No School