Message from the Principal
The school year has gotten off to a great start! Students and staff are loving our new classrooms with doors and our new furniture. Many of the students have shared they love the new flexible seating options we have.
This year, you will receive any Covid notification letters by class instead of the whole school. If you want to keep up with the numbers for the entire school and/or the district, you can check the district DASHBOARD.
The health and safety of our students and staff is a top priority. Please see the reminders below from our school nurse regarding Covid protocols.
Also, we are making an adjustment to our Open House next week. We will have a come-and-go event at staggered times. The presentation/content for the event will be virtual. Please see below for more information.
Thank you for your continued support!
Ms. Midkiff, Principal
Open House Times (by child's last name)
A-F 5:30 - 6:00pm
G-M 6:15 - 6:45pm
N-Z 7:00 - 7:30pm
We kindly ask that you help us out by following these health and safety protocols:
- Wear a mask (strongly encouraged)
- Sanitize your hands when entering the building/classroom (sanitizing stations located throughout the building)
- Maintain social distance between your family and other families
- Keep the flow of traffic moving
- Avoid handshakes/hugs (We are excited to see you and happily accept air hugs and elbow bumps!)
In addition to visiting your child's classroom, you are invited to stop by the following booths in the cafeteria:
- TItle I
We are excited about our new parking lot, however, not all areas have been stripped. Please be cautious and courteous to other families who are just as excited to meet their child's teacher when you are selecting your parking spot. We want to make sure families are able to exit safely in order for the next group to be able to join us. Please do not block other cars.
HEALTH & SAFETY PROTOCOLS
* CFISD health and safety protocols are subject to change as updated guidance is provided by the Texas Education Agency (TEA), governing authorities, and county and state officials.
- Students, staff and visitors must screen daily (prior to entering a school bus or school) for symptoms of COVID-19. If symptoms are experienced, individuals must not report to school or work until evaluated by a licensed healthcare provider.
Copies of doctor's letters and/or COVID test results can be emailed to the Yeager school nurse email@example.com
- Symptoms of COVID-19 include:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Loss of taste/smell
- Nasal congestion
- Sore throat
- Fever at or above 100°F
Quarantine and Isolation
- Students who show symptoms of COVID-19 at school will be evaluated by the nurse and will be excluded in accordance with CFISD communicable disease exclusion criteria.
- Students or staff members who have been in close contact (within 3-6 feet of someone for 15 minutes or more) with someone who has COVID-19 should consider quarantining unless fully vaccinated or recovered from a COVID-19 illness within the last 90 days. See “Recommended Close Contact Quarantine Protocol”.
- Students or staff members who test positive for COVID-19 must meet established criteria as stated in the “Isolation and Readmission Criteria Protocol” before returning to school or work.
According to the CDC, vaccination is currently the leading public health strategy to end the COVID-19 pandemic.
- CFISD will continue to offer vaccine opportunities and encourage staff and age-eligible students to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. See a list of area vaccine providers.
- See a list of area testing sites that offer free or low cost COVID-19 tests.
Please use this link to purchase your 2021-2022 Spirit Shirts! We are excited to offer both t-shirts and hoodies this year. Spirit shirts will ONLY be available online. We will not be selling spirit shirts on campus. The deadline to order has been extended to September 15th!
Please Join PTO this year by clicking on THIS link!! PTO provides books for our students, supplies for the school, funds student holiday and end of year parties, provides staff appreciation support for our teachers, and much much more! You do not need to volunteer to be a member of PTO.
14th - Open House(Last name A-F 5:30-6:00pm, G-M 6:15-6:45pm & N-Z 7:00-7:30pm)
15th - Deadline to order spirit shirt/hoodies
17th - PTO Meeting and Volunteer Orientation 9:15am- cafeteria
24th - Teacher Work Day/Student Holiday
30th - Go Gold for Children's Cancer Awareness Day / Big Kahuna Fundraiser Kick-Off