Phoenix Family News
March 26, 2021
Important Dates Ahead...
- April 2: No School
- April 16: VCES Virtual Bingo Night, 6:00 pm
- April 23: No School, K-5 Prep Day
- April 26: No School, K-5 Professional Development Day
- April 27-30: Reading MCA for 3rd-5th grade
- May 3-7: Math MCA for 3rd-5th grade
- May 10-14: Science MCA for 5th grade
VLA MCA Dates more details to come on timing):
- April 30: Reading MCA
- May 7: Math MCA
- May 14: Science MCA
Calendar and Schedule Updates
The latest calendar updates are available at sowashco.org/calendar.
A Note from the Principal
Free Breakfast and Lunch for All Students
VCES Virtual Bingo Night
Save the Date for Friday, April 16th! The VCES student council is excited to present virtual family bingo night at 6:00 pm! Interested families will receive bingo boards for each VCES student in their family. Bingo boards will be provided in their homebases. If the student is in VLA, they have the option to pick up bingo boards during VLA supply pickup on April 9th or print bingo cards at home. More information on that to follow. If you are interested, please complete the survey that is linked below by Friday, March 26th.
Thanks so much! Ms. Lieder & Mrs. Polifka, Student Council Teacher Leaders
A Note from Dr. Gervais, School Social Worker
Please view my schedule and availability online at https://calendly.com/drgervais
- Check out my Virtual Classroom filled with fun activities to do at home.
Resources for Families - District 833 has a website that will link you to a variety of resources from food, mental health, and unemployment and so much more. Bookmark this page for future use: https://www.sowashco.org/about/learning_models/family_resources
- SNACK Program - Valley Crossing is part of the SNACK program with Girl Scout Troop 55128. This program helps provide snacks for our student body to ensure no child goes hungry. Unfortunately, donations are down this year and Valley Crossing is in need of individually wrapped peanut-free snacks. We welcome donations to be dropped off in our front office. Thank you for your support!
Vacations and Other Extended Absences
Illnesses and Absences
Please be sure to call in to our attendance line to report absences or illness: 651-425-7506
Any sick student who is sent to school, or is determined to be sick during the school day, will immediately be sent home.
The 14-day quarantine period will remain in place. If staff or students had close contact with an infected person, the Minnesota Department of Health may direct us to keep them out of school for a minimum of 14 days.
We ask that families be prepared for the possibility that their child’s class could move to distance learning at any time due to a potential COVID-19 exposure.
VCES Information Links
- Family Technology Support Line: Fall 2020 website / 651.425.HELP (4357) - M-F 7:30-4:00
- VNN Channel Page - Tune in each morning at 9:15 am as your Morning Meeting starts!
- Resources for Families: https://www.sowashco.org/about/fall_2020/family_resources
VCES Contact Information
Connha Classon, Principal: email@example.com / 651.425.7503
Kristine McDonald, Assistant Principal: firstname.lastname@example.org / 651.425.7523
Merita LaPlante, Office Coordinator: email@example.com / 651.425.7501
Jen Gackstetter, Office Assistant: firstname.lastname@example.org / 651.425.7507Jen Gervais, Social Worker: email@example.com / 651.425.7542 (Note Change)