What do they do?
Physical Therapists aid people in recovering from physical injuries in order to regain range of motion, strength, etc.
How much do they make?
Median pay of about $79,000
What does it take to be one?
Step 1: Earn a Bachelor's degree in a health-related field
Step 2: Complete a Doctor of Physical Therapy Degree Program
Step 3: Meet your state's licensing requirements
Step 4 (optional): Complete a residency
Step 5 (optional): Obtain Board Certification
What are some skills I need to be a successful PT?
- Physical skills to push, pull, and bend. (But not too hard!)
- Mental skills: being able to multi-task
- Being able to emotional support a stressed-out patient
- "People skills"
What is the future for Physical Therapy?
- 36% growth from 2012 to 2022
- Top 10 most "in-demand" jobs